2010 Lexus G470 Trail Edition

lexwoody

Adventurer
I start off as an 2004 Lexus GX470. Now it is an 2010 Lexus G470 Trail Edition. Check my signature and click My Build thread.

Before
P1000781.JPG

After
P1030789.JPG

Last edited:

Scott Brady

Founder
Nice adaptation of the Rover rack.

The G470 is a very nice truck. I find it preferable over the 200 TLC for my needs.

jnelson4x4taco

Adventurer
Looks awesome, very clean looking truck.

My mom has had one of those for a few years, I love it, maybe once she tires of it ill pick it up and do the same as you, that would be quite the comfy ride out on the trail. Great job

4xdog

Explorer
Impressive. Very nice. From the snow on the ground, it looks like the build may have been completed in one day. That's a day's work, fershure.

lexwoody

Adventurer
So is the 470 a Lexus badged Prado?

prado.jpg

lexusGX470.jpg

:smiley_drive: all the new mods.

Nice! But what makes it a 2010?

The Fj, 4Runner, and Gx are all badges Prados. The GX is more similar then the rest. But all 4 shares the same 120 chassis. Fj is 5'' shorter.

I came up with 2010 Lexus G470 because I really love the Mercedes G500 (more than the Land Cruiser). That is what I was going to get, but there wasn't any around G-wagens here in Vegas. So I stop at Lexus since the GX was my second choice. Really late Nov/early Dec 2009 was when I started to make major mods. Bumper came 2010. So I wanted to give it a name of my on.

gfiero

Adventurer
Love your build, I have often wondered if one could be brought up to expidition standards, you proved it could. NICEE!!!

Did you have any problem getting the ARB bumper?:Wow1:

Wonderland

Explorer
The Fj, 4Runner, and Gx are all badges Prados. The GX is more similar then the rest. But all 4 shares the same 120 chassis. Fj is 5'' shorter.

I knew they shared the same chassis, but I never really looked that hard at the body of the 470 and the Prado.

Other than the grill and head light details, damn near identical.

Sorry some reason the picture of the Prado isn't working in my other post.

Here is another one.

toyota-gx-limited-landcruiser-prado-798309.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1