2010 Tundra - RCSB - Rig Rocket Build

soonenough

Explorer
IMG_1274-1.jpg

Wow I've never seen this build before, really nice looking truck!! :drool::drool: I love that color, what color is it? I've never seen it before, and I just went to the Toyota website and 'built' a Tundra, but that color wasn't available. There was only a darker blue called "Nautical Blue Metallic" that looks way to dark to be that color.

EDIT: wait, is it the same Speedway Blue that's available on the Tacomas?

Last edited:

City_Rider

Adventurer
Looks like a self wash station is needed lol! How did the Duratracs do in the mud? Also how are you liking them? I'm thinking the Duratracs are my next tire....
I'm not looking forward to the car wash tab! Probably in for $30 to get it clean again... The Duratrac's did quite well in the mud - the larger tread blocks clear pretty good, I didn't notice the tires getting glazed over like my co-workers. I love Duratrac's - I run them on my 4Runner as well and even have a studded winter set for the Tundra. For the wide range of driving conditions I encounter they work well!

I like this build!
Thanks! I never had plans to modify it so much but then again, I can't really leave any of my vehicles stock.

Sick Tundy
Thanks! It sure treats me well!

Wow I've never seen this build before, really nice looking truck!! :drool::drool: I love that color, what color is it? I've never seen it before, and I just went to the Toyota website and 'built' a Tundra, but that color wasn't available. There was only a darker blue called "Nautical Blue Metallic" that looks way to dark to be that color.

EDIT: wait, is it the same Speedway Blue that's available on the Tacomas?
It's the Blue Streak from Toyota - and I think 2010 was the last year that they had them available. I love this blue - I am a black / blue guy so I fell in love with this truck immediately. Knock off all the chrome and I couldn't be happier!

hikingff77

Adventurer
Sweet truck

I love the look of a standard cap PU. If I'm ever lucky enough to get one, that would be exactly what I'd do. Good looking truck for sure. BTW: It's supposed to look that good muddy. :) Just wish I could get my truck that dirty.

City_Rider

Adventurer
I love the look of a standard cap PU. If I'm ever lucky enough to get one, that would be exactly what I'd do. Good looking truck for sure. BTW: It's supposed to look that good muddy. :) Just wish I could get my truck that dirty.

Thanks for the compliment - the Tundra is a champ and takes whatever I throw at it.

Here are some pictures of the light bar output:

LED Bar Only
IMG_2092.jpg

LED and Low Beams
IMG_2093.jpg

LED and High Beams
IMG_2094.jpg

City_Rider

Adventurer
I love it!
Its a Taco with extra BEEF

Thanks! That V8 power is pretty ridiculous - so much get up and go, I can't imagine what it would be like with a supercharger on it!

The Tundra is undergoing a complete suspension overhaul - front Fox coilovers are being rebuilt with new shafts, the rear shocks were replaced with 12" Fox remote reservoir stem-eye mount and I also tossed a set of Camburg 1.5" lift rear shackles. Unfortunately I had to limp it in to the garage a few months ago as the air injection pump has gone - at least it's still on warranty. I hope to get my coilovers back soon and then the Tundra back in running order.

City_Rider

Adventurer
Turns out the issue with the Tundra starting / idling is due to the URD MAF calibrator which was messing with the output signal enough to cause rough idle, stalling and inability to start again. Lovely time.

The vehicle still threw a AIP code during all of my troubleshooting and so I am still concerned about it... just hoping it doesn't fail at an importune moment.

Finally got the front coilovers rebuilt, the UCA bushings replaced, the rear shocks replaced, the rear leaf hangers installed, oil and filter changed, front and rear diff fluids changed, transfer case changed, transmission fluid drained and filled, intake cleaned, MAF cleaned, air filter cleaned, driveshafts lubed, rear diff breather installed... along with cleaned up some wiring in the engine bay. Here are a couple 'flexy' pictures on the snow pile out front

TF42FEN.jpg

9KNwSlJ.jpg

Last edited:

Littlehouse

Adventurer
Turns out the issue with the Tundra starting / idling is due to the URD MAF calibrator which was messing with the output signal enough to cause rough idle, stalling and inability to start again. Lovely time.

The vehicle still threw a AIP code during all of my troubleshooting and so I am still concerned about it... just hoping it doesn't fail at an importune moment.

Finally got the front coilovers rebuilt, the UCA bushings replaced, the rear shocks replaced, the rear leaf hangers installed, oil and filter changed, front and rear diff fluids changed, transfer case changed, transmission fluid drained and filled, intake cleaned, MAF cleaned, air filter cleaned, driveshafts lubed, rear diff breather installed... along with cleaned up some wiring in the engine bay. Here are a couple 'flexy' pictures on the snow pile out front

TF42FEN.jpg

9KNwSlJ.jpg

Awesome job on this thing!

City_Rider

Adventurer
Well, it's the end of this chapter. The Tundra was sold on Sunday May 8th and headed South to Louisiana.

It will be dearly missed but priorities change. Perhaps this will result in an adventure trailer for the 4Runner to tow. Then again, I still need to get progress made on the V8 swap... Always something to do!

City_Rider

Adventurer
I loved it. Great utility, quality was top notch and when the window cracked due to the cold weather the customer service came through too. Great product and experience all around - I would definitely recommend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1