2011 Tacoma 4cyl Build

ramzflier

I recommend some small D rings inside the shell on the fasteners holding your Yakima tracks. I have a ARE MX shell with sleeping platform and the D rings are really handy for supporting all sorts of fairly light trinkets while camping. I've also seen, but haven't installed, thin bungee cord strung between the D rings for more storage possibilities.

nr13

Observer
Install took me about two days with no help, but if I were to do it again it would take less than half that time. I don't have much experience with re-gearing, but I doubt it would hold a candle to the power produced by the supercharger. URD's testing shows 115 RWHP stock and 248 RWHP after supercharger. Its hard to ask for more than doubled performance!

Thanks for the tip on the D rings ramsfliers, I've actually been thinking of installing the aircraft type track tie downs like this.
carmate_rubber-floor-w-track.jpg

Last edited:

nr13

Observer
Well my foot seems to have become a lot heavier since I installed the supercharger:smiley_drive:, so my first tank with the supercharger was right around 19 MPG and that was with the RTT. I hope I will get around 22-24 cruising once I get my foot in control.

lndhark

Adventurer
Looks great. I really like the 2TR Tacomas. Kinda remind me of what Toyota trucks used to be...basic, rugged.

HunterDarrell

HunterDarrell
It's 2015 so I don't know if you are still following your thread but if you are, I live in SLC and would LOVE to see your current design in person. I'm a make-it-up-as-I-go sort of project guy but your design has the most flexibility I've ever seen. If you are wiling, please personally message me at darrell.hewitt1@gmail.com or find me on facebook. I love that your design lets you completely remove it when inlaws need you to help them move...something I had a problem with lately, grrr.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1