2014 Mercedes sprinter pop top camper van

Abe Froman

Adventurer
Selling my 2014 2wd Mercedes sprinter with sportsmobile pop top in order to purchase an AEV Jeep Wrangler.
http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/5633922677.html

Will entertain trades for AEV built JK350 wrangler or similar, van is located in telluride Colorado.
$49,500
Reply though CL ad or here.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    37.5 KB · Views: 5,222

Abe Froman

Adventurer
Hello,
With summer right around the corner you'll want to enjoy this 2014 Mercedes sprinter sportsmobile penthouse (pop-top) camper van.

Seats 5 and sleeps two, basic camper infrastructure in place with awning Windows, sound deadner, dual auxallary batteries and more.

Stone grey which is the best sprinter color.

27,000 miles on it, under factory warranty and has the 4cyl and 7sp 2wd configuration. Average is over 20 mpg of diesel. Most rural Colorado routes see mid 20s to about 28mpg.

All services up to date and done at Mercedes dealers only!
Service A was done early at 10,000 miles and service B ($600 plus) was done at around 20,000 miles. All receipts on file. Next Service is due in over 9,000 miles. Service for sprinters isn't cheap, and needs to be done at a sprinter dealer......

A few signs of usage, but it is a camper van and they are minor. Posting now in case people want to see it when here for bluegrass.

Email for more details
Not full interior build out, just SMB top and all top options, paint, bed, lights, awning, etc

You could buy this, toss a platform bed in back and travel all summer when you plan your build out.

Compare to outside van or sportsmobile or Colorado camper van.

More photos via email.

The van was ordered as a crew van with the three person rear bench and the fixed side windows, and headliner.
Changes to that are : side windows on drivers side and slider were professionally replaced with the Cr Lawrence T-vent Windows, second skin damplifier pro (think dyanmat without the off gassing) installed under Lower panels, wheel wells, doors, etc. headliner was replaced by sportsmobile at time of penthouse install.

Beyond the three man bench, the rear area is open cargo,with the factory rubber floor and the side panels. Has two isofix or latch sets of anchors for car seats. We used this van to move and to remodel our house in telluride. Blank slate for you. The windows were installed at the same time as an auxallary dual battery AGM system under the hood. $$$$&
This work was done in California last summer.
It would simple to add a platform bed or a three panel bed or whatever and go camping.

Full price offer will include $500 worth of brand new outside van interweave fabric in black, foam for panels, and deco dot rugged material. This is all the material one will need to do a complete interior trim out. I ordered the materials and stopped with proceeding the day I drove an AEV jeep and realized I was doomed to sell van and get jeep. First world problems and all that.
The penthouse as installed at sportsmobile when the van had 4,000 miles on it. They installed the top and all options.: painted to match with the rhino liner they now use on most vans, full length Yakima tracks, penthouse bed, internal access ladder, and the fiamma f45 awning. The interior of top has led lights, 5 massive zippered screened Windows, and curtains.
The ladder doesn't really work that well with the factory rear seat, so it wasn't used. Most don't, but it's there. Works well if you remove ear seat. We climbed on seat.
Slept in less than 10 nights. By my wife and 3 year old daughter.

Van is entirely debadged barring the rear star, front star and hood star. All existing badges are blacked out.
Van has terra wagon front fender flares.
I have a set of reflectix window covers for the inside and a nice windshield sunshade.

Van has the Audio 15 system, navigation, cruise, heated mirrors, and a factory auxallary deisel heater. Luxury seats, 3 master keys and a surf key, the killer black steel wheels, etc.

Van has BFG AT KO2 all terrain tires with less than 4,000 miles on them, a full price offer will get you a set of 4 Goodyear duratracs that a studded and have less than 3,000 miles on them.

Van is under warranty until 36,000 miles, it would be extendable ( I believe) via Mercedes.

All services taken care of my Mercedes, including only Mercedes def fluids, etc. van has been problem free thus far and has been treated properly. No long idle peroids, etc. our other vehicle is a BMW .diesel, so we are into them and understand the differences between gas and diesel.

Rear bumper step was gently backed into a very short impossible to see pole by my wife and it is slightly tweaked.
Vans has some blemishes that paintless dent and detail would sort out, if that is a concern.

So why are we selling? Well, I want an AEV Jeep Wrangler and they are expensive. We just bought a house in the town of telluride and parking here sucks, so I want to only have 2 vehicles.
So, I will own a sprinter again, but I have a Gucci jeep itch that needs scratched.

Stone grey is the best sprinter color. Van gets crazy compliments and notes under windshield like no other vehicle I've ever owned, and that includes a few restored landcruisers and a Porsche 911. It is killer.

More ask,
I tend to ramble. Apologies.

Abe Froman

Adventurer
Photos

Some more photos.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    46.1 KB · Views: 1,227
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    28.7 KB · Views: 600
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    32.6 KB · Views: 539
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    23.9 KB · Views: 455

Twindaddy

In the unlikely event that Abe is still around this forum, I ended up with his old van. It's had a few minor updates. Was almost exactly as he sold it when I picked it up in Marin County CA a little under two years ago.

IMG_7380.jpg

IMG_7534.jpg

IMG_6862.jpg

IMG_7385.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1

Members online