2017 RAM 2500c Build. Tradesman---->AEV'ish

Explorerinil

Observer
I just realized that mine are a Load Range D as well, hopefully I get more out of mine than that and if not I'll be claiming the 40K mile warranty against them. I have the gas motor and the factory bumper so there's a 600lb difference there, hopefully that's the difference needed to gain those extra 10,000 miles out fo them.

By the time mine are ready to go I'll likely have fenders and a wider offset/backspace wheel in a 17" size which will allow me to run the 37x13.50R17 MT in a Load Range E. But then again I'll likely want 40's by then too lol.
I think you will if you rotate them often. I’m always towing either a boat or a flat trailer and am not the best about rotating them, that combined with the added weight probably helped aid in their demise.

ttengineer

Adventurer
Load range ratings are bullsh!t. It’s a remnant of a time gone by. You have to lookup the actual capacity of the tire you want.

I’ve seen tire capacities of the same load range vary by over 1000lbs between models from the same manufacturer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Explorerinil

Observer
Load range ratings are bullsh!t. It’s a remnant of a time gone by. You have to lookup the actual capacity of the tire you want.

I’ve seen tire capacities of the same load range vary by over 1000lbs between models from the same manufacturer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah I know that, they have the same load capacity but at a lower psi. For some reason that I can explain I wear out load range d tires faster than e, maby the e rated tires have a different rubber compound, I don’t know but they do last longer on my heavy truck.

Austo

Observer
I just realized that mine are a Load Range D as well, hopefully I get more out of mine than that and if not I'll be claiming the 40K mile warranty against them. I have the gas motor and the factory bumper so there's a 600lb difference there, hopefully that's the difference needed to gain those extra 10,000 miles out fo them.

By the time mine are ready to go I'll likely have fenders and a wider offset/backspace wheel in a 17" size which will allow me to run the 37x13.50R17 MT in a Load Range E. But then again I'll likely want 40's by then too lol.

Are you on 12.5's right now? I was thinking of going that direction after these are finished.

37x13.50x18's

Thinking about 38x13.50x18's after these burn down.

Based on my experience, either stick with 37" tires or make the jump to 40's. 38's have almost all of the downsides of 40's (gearing requirement, fuel economy, replacement cost, etc) without any of the benefits. You will start to rub the tops and backs of the fender liners and no wheel change will fix it. 37's are forgiving and get relatively good fuel economy while remaining inexpensive. 38's cost as much or more than 40's and by the time you add in AEV flares it is pretty much a wash.

Austo

Observer
Based on my experience, either stick with 37" tires or make the jump to 40's. 38's have almost all of the downsides of 40's (gearing requirement, fuel economy, replacement cost, etc) without any of the benefits. You will start to rub the tops and backs of the fender liners and no wheel change will fix it. 37's are forgiving and get relatively good fuel economy while remaining inexpensive. 38's cost as much or more than 40's and by the time you add in AEV flares it is pretty much a wash.

I'm over here thinking about 37x12.5's.....

Dalko43

Explorer
Finally got around to putting in my ARB compressor and 4th Gen Aux., thanks to 4th Gen Electronics, great customer support. Decided to mount it under the rear seat and seems to be working well so far....

Is that the factory aux switch option? How hard was the install?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1