2018 Ram 3500 Expedition Family Adventure Vehicle

Kingsize24

Yeah that makes it difficult to get away. I miss that time with my kids. Now they are in college and on their own for the most part. Enjoy that time while it lasts.
As a father who wishes I would have spent more time with my children - I suggest you cancel all the camps and create memories they will cherish long after you have passed.

Sure, I went to a few camps when I was younger but the times I remember the most are spending time with my late father, hunting, fishing, exercising, etc. I am sure I learned a few lesson at a camp here or there, but I remember virtually everything my father passed on to me - because he loved and cared for me. Just saying...
You don't have to cancel the camps. Just go to the camp and be a part of it. I was always there and sometimes they asked if I wanted to help and I did. It was great and I wouldn't trade that for anything. Obviously there are multiple sides to every topic/decision and I wasn't trying to be argumentative. Just saying it can be done, even when the event is led by a 3rd party.

Well the camps they will be going to I will be a part of except one. And we will still be out on lots of trips ourselves. I retired early (I'm 45) so that I could use this time with my sons to explore both these secluded outings, as well as social school outings together. I'm a big part of there lives because I've put myself there, and want to be there. Their camps are important to them both socially, and academically. And it still allows us time together. We have all summer, and have 4 trips planned, next is at the beach, then Oklahoma, then Arkansas again, and New Mexico. So we will have a full plate, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Both sides are important. Their schooling and our relationship, it's all about balancing it and being involved. I don't think I could be any more involved without ruining their own ability to create independence, which IMO is also important.

Kingsize24

Looks like a great trip. Arkansas really is beautiful. Plus In my back yard. But I end up traveling west

Your backyard is stunning IMO. We've spent alot of time there in my wife and I's last 23yrs of marriage, we used to rent the cabins on Lake Kathryn every year and explore from there. Always enjoyed Arkansas.

Clrussell

Your backyard is stunning IMO. We've spent alot of time there in my wife and I's last 23yrs of marriage, we used to rent the cabins on Lake Kathryn every year and explore from there. Always enjoyed Arkansas.
I’ve enjoyed every trip I’ve taken down there. Honestly I should spend more time in my home area. But the draw to the rest of the world gets me.

I love this build. Is there info on the trailer somewhere In Here?

Kingsize24

I’ve enjoyed every trip I’ve taken down there. Honestly I should spend more time in my home area. But the draw to the rest of the world gets me.

I love this build. Is there info on the trailer somewhere In Here?

Oh I definitely get that. The draw of new is exciting.

And yes it is. https://forum.expeditionportal.com/threads/family-adventure-m1102-trailer-build.235492/
Definitely still under construction. I do have the A/C unit in for it now, and will be slowly making changes to it again once I slow down some after summer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal