2019 RAM Power Wagon - PeeWee

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
So, I have am looking for opinions. I realize that might be opening a can of worms, but here goes:

On all my previous trucks, I've sported Hella 4000 driving lights with the city light (daytime running light) option. Times have changed.

I'd like to add some lights (as I mocked up in my avatar) and wanted the Angel Eye look. Hella makes 4000s in Europe with the angel eye city light option, but it's costly to get them over here. (I may still go that route and risk ordering them from the UK). It does seem, however that Hella hasn't really updated their LED technology since about 2014. So much has changed in the last few years. The Rigid kill the Hella's in terms of Lumens ratings.
My dealership owes me lights for leaving the ones on my F250 upon trade. They sent me to an outfitter who says that Rigid is the way to go.

Rigid has a new Radiance series. These feature a back lit running day time light (I'd opt for white). This is offered in a 4" and 6" round version. I could go with 2 driving or 2 spot, or 2 of each (4 total).
Rigid also offers the Radiance series in a Pod (3" small square light).

Oracle has a 3" square pod with an angel eye (see below).

The options would be to mount the round or pod as bumper mounted OR the pods can be integrated into the grill under the RAM badge.

The other option is to mount a single row bar in between the bumper and grill (my lessor liked option).

So here are the looks:

My Mock Up:
Ram_PowerWagon_Hella4000_MockUp.jpg

Hella 4000 with Celis Angel Eye:
1-Pair-of-Hella-Luminator-Compact-Spot-Light-_1.jpg

Rigid Radiance 6" Round Driving - (shown with blue back - I'd go with white)
Image 9-16-19 at 2.32 PM.jpg
Rigid Round 6" Radiance Spots -
Image 9-16-19 at 2.50 PM.jpg

Or finally Rigid Radiance 3" Pod:
Image 9-16-19 at 2.52 PM.jpg

Oh, and the Optilux Angel Eye Pod:

5777-001_1.jpg

I look forward to some input.

Thanks
D

chet6.7

Explorer
I think there are a couple of Ram trucks on this site with Baja Designs lights,Vision X might be worth a look as well.
I am getting a bumper guard built to mount Hella 4000's. :) Some links,FWIW.

nater

Adventurer
Have you considered the Baja LP9/LP6 lights? They have a "glow" feature when you dont want them all the way on, and I *think* they are about as bright as you can get. I really am favoring the round light look vs a light bar.

nater

Adventurer
Lights... Click this link. https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/lights-on-the-front-light-bar.313/ And definitely go Baja Designs.

HD springs... Stock 2500 coils should fit and get you back to stock rear axle rating as long as your tires are up to it.

HD springs will be about 2" low in the rear vs the power wagon springs that he currently has... You can always use a spacer with the standard HD springs (nothing wrong with a spacer lift in the rear of the truck), although you will loose some flex.

Bayou Boy

Adventurer
HD springs will be about 2" low in the rear vs the power wagon springs that he currently has... You can always use a spacer with the standard HD springs (nothing wrong with a spacer lift in the rear of the truck), although you will loose some flex.

Have you actually measured that? I don't think there is remotely the marketed 2" of lift on the PW from the regular 2500 on current trucks. But if so, a spacer would work.

chet6.7

Explorer
Have you used rear coil spacers? I am thinking of trying it out but I haven't found anyone using them.

nater

Adventurer
Have you used rear coil spacers? I am thinking of trying it out but I haven't found anyone using them.

A lot of PW guys use them to get 0.5-1" of lift in the rear after "leveling" the truck if they have some constant weight in the rear. Even Thuren (who is wildly against spacer lifts in the front) indicate that its not a problem in the rear. They do say that "shock extenders" are unacceptable, so the spacer may drive you to new shocks.

chet6.7

Explorer
A lot of PW guys use them to get 0.5-1" of lift in the rear after "leveling" the truck if they have some constant weight in the rear. Even Thuren (who is wildly against spacer lifts in the front) indicate that its not a problem in the rear. They do say that "shock extenders" are unacceptable, so the spacer may drive you to new shocks.
Thanks.
I am getting some squat from the constant weight,I want the spacer to return the truck to stock height,so hopefully new shocks won't be needed. I am also thinking about replacing the stock coils with higher spring rate stock coils but I have not found much info on the different springs available.Any thoughts on this ,or, replacing the rear coils with Keldernan's?

I am about to pull trigger on spacers for the rear on my '18 Power Wagon. Between having the Ramboxes full of gear, bed rack, RTT, and heavy 37" spare, I'm a bit tail-low after installing Thuren's +1.5" front springs. I thought the heavy ARB front bumper would compensate for the taller front springs, but I was a little bit off on that assumption.

Upland80

Adventurer
Did a quick mod today - some reason, I always go back to my Land Rover roots. So, rear tail lamp guards for Pee Wee!

Carid carries them and they are a no drill add on. (sorry it got dark and cloudy on me)

View attachment 536728

View attachment 536729
In the Land Cruiser world, we call those "damage multipliers". If you were to bump something hard enough to crack your tailight lens without the guards, chances are that you may likely damage the sheet metal surrounding the lenses with them on. Tail light lenses are typically much cheaper than sheetmetal...just sayin. Nice truck tho.

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
I’m having the Baja lights installed this week. I’ll post pictures when I get it back.
Here is the update on the suspension. I pull a 27 foot airstream with a 900lb tongue weight. Ironically, even with a weight distribution hitch, this trailer caused squat on my F250. There is zero squat on the power wagon. Additionally my wife even commented on how much more comfortable this truck is when towing. Much better ride than the leaf sprung F250.

And finally - how much fun this truck is to drive. It’s like a sports car in a truck skin!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1