2020 Escapade Backcountry (Complete Off Grid capable set up) Upgrades

unxpctd

Hello all,

Looking to sell my 2020 Escapade Backcountry. I purchased this trailer off of a forum member off this very forum in November 2020. I have used it for (3) trips to Colorado for complete off grid camping in National Forests along with numerous state park trips around here in Minnesota.. The camper is extremely easy to tow and comes in at about 2500lbs dry and probably 2800lbs with some gear / food / supplies and such. We just got back from Colorado (from Minnesota) and the camper performed flawlessly. The one thing about this camper that has always worried me a bit was the Deep Cycle batteries. About a month ago I had the battery system replaced and it now has a 100ah Ultimate Power lithium battery. This battery is a smart battery with bluetooth. It was charged up at 100% when we left on a Saturday and the fridge didn't even kick in until Monday as it was pre-cooled and had some frozen meat. We got back 7 days later and the battery was at 35%. I never even had to hook up a solar panel to it. I had a 1000w pure sine wave inverter installed along with 4 outlets. It also has (6) USB ports and an accessory port. The fridge is very efficient and quiet, even when trying to sleep. Other than charging some phones / iPads / eReaders / LED lanterns...and using the small LED lights inside....this camper doesn't use much power. The peace of mind is what I was after. I also couldn't in good conscience sell a camper with a battery system that was difficult to maintain and required alot more maintenance (charging / etc.). This Lithium setup is easy and works great.

The original top of this camper was taller. I had it modified by a welder / fabricator and lowered so that it would fit in my 7" garage. This camper has never sat outside, other then when camping. Once modified I had the new welds and bars powder coated. Attached to the top of the camper are a set of recovery boards / a Yakima Rack w/ net (also have a large storage bag) and a Hi-Lift Jack.

Here is a list of what is included in this sale:

2020 Escapade Backcountry

15” Square Drop Trailer. Will fit in a 7 foot height garage.

2” Standard Hitch / 7 Pin Connector

Off Road capable / Timbren Off Road Suspension

100ah Lithium System (Ultimate Power Company)

Bluetooth/Smart Battery/Connect via free App
Battery recharges via shore power connector while in garage.

(2) 100w Renogy Portable Solar Panels w/ Y-Connectors

Renogy Solar Controller

1000w Pure Sine Wave Inverter w/ 4 Outlets

(6) USB Ports (Inside Camper)

(1) Accessory Port (Inside Camper)

(4) Aqua Bricks – 3 Gallons Each

(1) 3 gallon Waterport (Portable Shower)
Custom mount on Tongue (lockable)

270 Degree Awning (telescoping)

ARB Fridge

Hi – Lift Jack with base and attachments

(2) Recovery Boards

Yakima Roof Basket w/ Net

Yakima Roof Bag

(2) Plano Storage Containers

400w Ceramic Heater (electric)

(2) Rechargeable LED Lanterns

Clear Title

The camper is in great condition. Always garaged (other than when camping) and the new Lithium system is amazing. Bluetooth into it to see all the stats...and charge it up via Solar OR shore power when you have it. You could also take off the Hi LIft Jack or Recovery Boards and mount a hard solar panel up top and probably never have to touch the portable solar panels. I like having the portable panels to point them at the sun...but that's just me. Being off grid for 5+ days last month and never having to even charge the system makes it so easy. We ran the very small electric 400w ceramic heater a couple nights last month and it will of course use more power. If you have the right clothes and a few blankets or sleeping bags you should be just fine. There is no built in heater but the coldest we've camped in is about 35 degrees at night. Chilly but comfortable.

The awning is a 270 Degree Batwing style...It's heavy but once set up works great. This takes the most time during camp set up. It comes with tie downs and is soloable (for the most part). I could be modified to be left in place (height wise). I had to have it modified once I lowered the roof top as I'm very tall at 6'6" and I also wanted it to fit in a 7' garage.

The Yakima rack up top fits the (2) Plano containers perfectly....dry goods / wood...whatever you want to put in there. A cooler would also fit nicely. The net keeps everything down. The Yakima bag is included if you need extra storage for clothes or whatever.

I cannot include the portable stove. Other than that...this is a near complete kit. Just need a table/stove/utinsels/pots/pans/plates/bowls and you'll be good to go.

The front box has about 60% of space available for storage also....the drivers side has the Lithium battery and a 2nd battery box holds the Y-Connectors and extensions for the solar panels.

The original mattress folds up to a couch...but we never use it that way. We have a queen mattress cover (for extra padding) and put a queen sized sheet on it. This is included if you want it.

The original owner had some shades made for the windows...they work great too.

Forgot to add: Comes with an 11lb Propane Container, attached to the wheel well and a Spare Tire on the other well. These wheel wells are sturdy and you can easily stand on them.

20220522_172918.jpg
20230916_110847.jpg
20231001_130536.jpg
20231001_130546.jpg
20231001_130618.jpg

Any questions let me know. See attached photos. Thank you for reading!

Location: Faribault, Minnesota ( Will meet part way if the distance is an extended amount )

Email: unxpctd at gmail dot com

Edit: Clear title / Owned outright

Thank you.

Mark

Last edited:

unxpctd

Added a couple inside photos:

Updated Price: $14,000. Contact me with questions unxpctd at gmail dot com

20231004_150642.jpg
20231004_150650.jpg

unxpctd

20240611_055212.jpg

unxpctd at gmail dot com

507 210 1114 cell

Just got back from an awesome 6 day trip from central Colorado (Mt. Antero north of Salida, CO). Solar worked awesome charging the Lithium battery.

I also only used 1 - 100 watt solar panel and this camper will come with (2) with Y connectors and extensions....so you could hook up 200 watts solar if needed.

This is the perfect set up for anyone looking to get into camping with a square/teardrop style camping. Will fit in a 7 foot garage too! With the upgraded electrical
system this camper is perfect! It tows perfectly and weighs about 3000 lbs with full gear/water, etc.

Contact me with questions ! Thanks!

Last edited:

unxpctd

Hello! I've had an email and 2 text messages on my trailer but noone is following up.

$11,000 now. Contact me with questions! This is an amazing trailer that has been upgraded with Lithium and works great for complete off grid adventures. Garaged always except for when camping.

507 210 1114 Cell
unxpctd at g mail dot com

Thanks!

unxpctd

$10,750. Someone come buy this amazing little trailer! See above post for contact information.

SALE PENDING....SALE PENDING....SALE PENDING. No more updates if it sells. Delivery next week. Thank you.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frank Design