2020 Ram 5500 DIY Composite Panel Camper Build Thread

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Do you live close to Carli or Thuren? Thuren especially would probably like to take a look at it firsthand.

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
Also, heres something weird...

When local tire shop went to order them via the part # i gave them, told me they were discontinued, i said no way, theyve been out for ever.

Longggg story short after they spent a fair amount of time on the phone with Continental... They have replaced the older style with what they are calling the "Next Generation"

Oddly though, no one at Continental seems to know what the difference is between these and the old ones, and the tire shop spoke to 3 different people at Conti while i was there.

You can see in this pic, they look a little different, and have a little graphic pattern thing, but the tread is the same.

Time will tell..

tiressmallforFORUM.jpg

Last edited:

Darwin

Explorer
Curious about this new tread compound on the mpt's. I always thought from what I read that they didn't have the best wear characteristics but maybe this new tire fixes that. Either way, I did see them for a really good price new on Ebay.

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
Curious about this new tread compound on the mpt's. I always thought from what I read that they didn't have the best wear characteristics but maybe this new tire fixes that. Either way, I did see them for a really good price new on Ebay.

I'm curious too! This could end up a very expensive trial and error mistake, or a glorious new chapter... 50/50 hahaha

Last edited:

flylow4500

Observer
Would the front wheels work if you took them off and rotated 180? I watched your video and the center section looks like a flat plate.

flylow4500

Observer
The reason for the wide front axle is so all the wheels can be dually style and the same.
I’m curious what the total width of the front is?
Do you understand the wheel makes a bigger arc with them sticking so far out? You might not have to trim at all if you had more backspacing.

I’ll drop this topic. If you’re happy then I don’t care.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1