2022 Ford F350 RossMonster

Steve_382

Cool rig. Lots of damage. Rode hard and put away wet. Roof needs to be taken off and both halves repaired. Appears they beat the heck out of this rig in Baja et al.
The ad says "This Van Conversion is located in Camp Verde, Arizona and is in good condition.", but it may be a mess. I haven't seen it.

My worry with the Baja is the rubber gasket between the top and bottom and how well it seals. Seems like two large pieces to try and keep sealed up in bad weather, dusty roads, snow, ice, etc. My other concern is just the general construction of the unit. 1" aluminum box tubing with lots of welds and a 1/4" (or less) fiberglass skin on the outside. I think I prefer the composite structures type of walls on the OEV, GXV Turtle, AEONrv, etc. Love the overall layout of the interior though and they do a good job finishing it out. Sitting in it feels kind of like the TruckHouse layout.

Lobowanderer

Really curious if it is going to sell for that price.

This one that is "New" and being sold by a dealer is $20k less than the used one above.....and has been sitting on RVTrader for the last 6+ months.
2022 Rossmonster Overland Baja For Sale in Round Rock - RV Trader
Look at the options you’ll see they’re not the same. This one has way more lithium than the other ones. This one has more solar than the other one. This has twice as big of freshwater tank as the other one lots of optional stuff put on this one you have to compare apples to apples.
The biggest problem with both of them as they put them on piece of ******** Fords. You’ll have to have another hundred thousand dollars just to keep the thing running. It’s a shame that it can put it either on a dodge or General Motors said you could have something dependable

DirtWhiskey

Western Dirt Rat
The ad says "This Van Conversion is located in Camp Verde, Arizona and is in good condition.", but it may be a mess. I haven't seen it.

My worry with the Baja is the rubber gasket between the top and bottom and how well it seals. Seems like two large pieces to try and keep sealed up in bad weather, dusty roads, snow, ice, etc. My other concern is just the general construction of the unit. 1" aluminum box tubing with lots of welds and a 1/4" (or less) fiberglass skin on the outside. I think I prefer the composite structures type of walls on the OEV, GXV Turtle, AEONrv, etc. Love the overall layout of the interior though and they do a good job finishing it out. Sitting in it feels kind of like the TruckHouse layout.

Look at the damage to the passenger upper corner of the cabover. It's bowed in and you can see uneven shadow lines from the awning. It's pretty well hammered. But it appears to be ply with fiberglass so definitely fixable. Has an impact. Lots of underside damage and various other damage in the pics. These rigs aren't meant for the Rubicon.

DirtWhiskey

Western Dirt Rat
Look at the options you’ll see they’re not the same. This one has way more lithium than the other ones. This one has more solar than the other one. This has twice as big of freshwater tank as the other one lots of optional stuff put on this one you have to compare apples to apples.
The biggest problem with both of them as they put them on piece of ******** Fords. You’ll have to have another hundred thousand dollars just to keep the thing running. It’s a shame that it can put it either on a dodge or General Motors said you could have something dependable

Not sure what you're going on about. 7.3 Godzilla has proven to be a beast of an engine. I hate my POS Chevy.

For the price difference someone may find it more appealing... and as the add states make an offer! If someone is truly in the market for it, PM me up . Its one block from my house.
Yep it could use a little cosmetic fiberglass work. My wife and I have considered it ( we have traveled in three adventure vans over the last 10 years ). This would be more cable than a van and cheaper - but we are retired now and a trying to stay at a 70K price point. We will most like go from our Tundra with 4wheel camper / and a micro minnie 21 travel trailer (for longer trips) - to a Tundra 4X4 pulling a 13' Dweller.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad