2023 F350 Tremor Build "Gandalf the Grey"

Bigc3031

Well, I couldn't take the stock mattress any longer and going through the AT owners group on the book of faces I found a good alternative.

Pure Green 3" latex mattress topper https://a.co/d/ioW7fAx

It's an inch thicker than the AT and defineatly more comfortable. I took the covers off the old foam, traced lines then cut the new latex with a brisket slicer which worked great. The new latex fits pretty decent in the original covers and I'll be sleeping a lot better for sure. Looking forward to logging more nights very soon.

Attachments

• IMG_7917.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_7916.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 24

Bigc3031

Another very small update, I added a rotopax water can to the passenger side of the truck bed tucked behind where the fridge will be mounted on a slide. It looks like I could even do a double if I wanted but will wait to see how the slide goes in. I'm having a hard time sourcing baltic birch at the moment for my plate.

Attachments

• IMG_7919.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_7918.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 34

Bigc3031

Started working on the fridge slide today. I’m using a Tembo Tusk slide with cutting board add on. Wow this thing is a tank!

The middle section will be two drawers and the back section is the Packout battery with room up top for cables, etc. the wood portion is dead on flush with the fridge top so it can be used as a bed platform.

I’m staining it black and using a gloss crest for easy clean up.

The system will be hard mounted to the bed but easily removable if needed.

I’m going to get some sort of articulated cable shroud for the fridge slide. Not sure on other cable management yet.

Attachments

• IMG_2018.jpeg
    5.3 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_2019.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_2020.jpeg
    6.5 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_2021.jpeg
    5.5 MB · Views: 35

Bigc3031

Had a pretty rainy weekend last weekend which was perfect to test the Alucab shadow awn rain gutter. I’d say it’s a 90% fix for the rain drops on the tailgate gap. If I had to do it over I’d take this to a local shop to use as a pattern and make it 8” wider. Well worth the money and it totally makes a difference but it’s sized more for midsize or smaller American vehicles.

Attachments

• IMG_0712.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0713.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 32
I like how well thought out everything you have done so far is. Nothing is just thrown in, everything has a purpose and a place. How long/ wide would the sleeping platform be on top on the cabinet/ fridge slide out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigc3031

Thanks for the kind words!

The bed platform is 24” wide, along with the fridge top which is for the feet is 6.5’ long which is more than enough for my wife. She doesn’t like the lack of space up top.

The open space in the wheel well area is perfect for camp chairs and other misc stuff that would normally bounce around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal