2024 Tacoma design images

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Saw this on another forum:

2024 Tacoma design revealed in patent images! Looks just like the EV concept.... which in the back of my mind I figured was the design but this might be ours also.

Background:

The images come from a Design Patent Registration filed in Brazil. The document filed with the document indicates that it was published on January 24, 2023, by Brazil's Ministério do Desenvolvimento, Indústria, Comércio e Serviços Instituto Nacional da Propriedade Industrial.

The authors of the design are listed as Matthew Niven Sperling, Scott Matthew Roller; Kengo Iwanaga, and Yeongmin Kong.

Kengo Iwanaga has been a Senior Lead Designer at Toyota's Calty Design Research center since November 2009 (see LinkedIn profile). Similarly, Yeongmin Kong has been a Senior Lead Designer at Calty Design Research since June 2018 (see LinkedIn profile). Matthew Sperling has also been involved in many of Toyota's patents.

2024 Toyota Tacoma 4th gen patent design 9.jpg2024 Toyota Tacoma 4th gen patent design 3.jpg2024 Toyota Tacoma 4th gen patent design 8.jpg2024 Toyota Tacoma 4th gen patent design 7.jpg
2024 Toyota Tacoma 4th gen patent design 2.jpg2024 Toyota Tacoma 4th gen patent design 5.jpg2024 Toyota Tacoma 4th gen patent design 6.jpg2024 Toyota Tacoma 4th gen patent design 4.jpg

Dougnuts

I saw a top view on a YouTube video last night, which showed that the truck has a bit of a coke bottle shape. It looks, to me, that the truck is getting a little bigger, but the cab will be very close to the same size as the current Tacoma. I'll be interested to see what the engine options are. I'm guessing that the options will be a 2.4T and 2.4T w/ hybrid. I would love to see a 2.5L motor with Tundra electric motor.

Edit: It's also noteworthy that this truck has already been shown to the public, a year ago, as the prototype EV pickup.

Last edited:

jmodz

If you look at the EV concept it even had an exhaust pipe, which ironically is absent in the patent filing. I really like this design, it's a clean evolution with sharper lines which seems to be popular these days without having a massive grill like the Tundra. I will definitely consider buying one.

I'll be interested to see what the engine options are. I'm guessing that the options will be a 2.4T and 2.4T w/ hybrid. I would love to see a 2.5L motor with Tundra electric motor.
I agree, I want them to offer the 2.5L hybrid from the Crown and it would be the engine I'd pick if I buy a 4th gen. It produces 236 hp in the crown so I'd guess they'd bump that up. My main concern is I think it is only ever paired with a CVT, which I doubt Toyota would do on a truck.

AggieOE

Trying to escape the city
They did a good job of making it look like a smaller version of the Turndra. With plans to keep models across the lineup looking similar, I imagine this could be close to what the 4Runner will be. I'm down for that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal