A Good .22 Hand Gun Plinker......

• Thread starter Scenic WonderRunner
  • Start date
S

Scenic WonderRunner

A Good .22 Hand Gun Plinker......

Post up your favorite .22 Hand Gun Plinkers. And tell us what you like about it.

A local gun shop has this Smith & Wesson Model 22A on sale for just $239. I've been thinking about getting a .22 hand gun for fun plinking. Your thoughts on this S&W 22A.

SWA22.jpg

Abel Villesca

Explorer
I coach 4-H Shooting Sports. A lot of kids shoot the S&W 22A and it appears to be a solid plinker. I say go for it. I have a ton of experience with the Ruger MK III pistols (the current version I believe) and can't recommend them highly enough. The S&W and the Browning Buckmark are also fine plinkers. The Ruger MK III has an angled grip and it changes your hold if you are used to something more perpendicular to the barrel. I'm not as familiar with the hold on the Browning and S&W. Try them out and find out what you are most comfortable with.

S

Scenic WonderRunner

I coach 4-H Shooting Sports. A lot of kids shoot the S&W 22A and it appears to be a solid plinker. I say go for it. I have a ton of experience with the Ruger MK III pistols (the current version I believe) and can't recommend them highly enough. The S&W and the Browning Buckmark are also fine plinkers. The Ruger MK III has an angled grip and it changes your hold if you are used to something more perpendicular to the barrel. I'm not as familiar with the hold on the Browning and S&W. Try them out and find out what you are most comfortable with.

Awesome Input.....Sergeant_V! Thank You!

And yes DCH.....I like the Mosquito too! Good Choice!

Since you are talking 22's.

This was on sale at a very fair price at my local Turner Guns store recently.

I'm considering getting it. I like it! I like the fact that's it's 90% of the weight of the P226.

If you choose a .22 plinker....find one that is close in size to the larger cal. hand gun you really want to own.

http://www.sigsauer.com/Products/ShowCatalogProductDetails.aspx?categoryid=30&productid=184

M-Sport-detail-L.jpg

The hottest pistol offering from SIG SAUER® is the SIG SAUER Mosquito®. Featuring a polymer frame chambered in 22LR, the Mosquito is 90% the size of a P226® and the ideal choice for hours of shooting fun. The Mosquito features a wear-resistant polymer frame outfitted with an integrated accessory rail. The slide features adjustable sights, and along with the rugged blowback system, fixed barrel and superior ergonomic grip, the SIG SAUER Mosquito delivers traditional SIG SAUER accuracy. Additional safeties include an internal locking device and slide mounted ambidextrous safety.

john101477

Photographer in the Wild
I used to have a ruger Mk. the old ones were awesome. I also have a ruger single six that is fun as well. I almost always have the mag cyl in it now. A local dealer has that S&W 22 and I have looked quite a few times. in the end I bought a 45ACP and really like it.

6Pins

Adventurer
I've got a S&W K-22 that is a great plinker, plus it has the same trigger pull as my K framed .38 so I can practice for a lot less.

I've also got a Model 41 that I probably should shoot more than I do, I just prefer a revolver.

juicebox

Adventurer
800px-Ruger_mkiii_bull.jpg

This isn't my picture, but I have this.22 handgun (MkII goverment target model with a 6 7/8" bull barrel) and a ruger 10/22.

I will probably get a shotgun and stop buying guns. I got the 10/22 as a survival rifle, the MKII as a sort of back up survival handgun. And of course, the shotgun will be for the zombie apocalypse. :coffee:

Rexsname

Explorer
See if you might be able to find a H&R 999 it is a top-break, 9 shot revolver. Nice quality very accurate and...........revolvers are just FUN!

REX

S

Scenic WonderRunner

In about 1990. I was living in Honolulu and I wanted the S&W 617 .22. I could not get it ordered. So I sent a check for $325 bucks to my now ex father in law in Buffalo to pick up this wonderful hand gun for me. He did. The trigger pull is awesome! Unfortunately I went through a divorce, and I made the mistake of leaving this wonderful hand gun in N.Y. My Bad!

They have gone up so much in value, I am amazed! These are about the only pics I could find of this with the wood grip. I don't think they make them like this anymore! I actually bought this for my son, the first year he was born. And I wanted to give it to him when he turned 18.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=152258942

pix239639312.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1