@Adrifters - F550 Surf Camper Build - Adrift Motorhome

S2DM

Adventurer
8ff08da28160d85f591aa7169eb04a4b.jpg

2f14914be347f83fa6ffded8a7e6048e.jpg

Doing a shake down run on the Alberta trunk road, eastern portion of the Rockies along Jasper and Banff. Only have partial systems up and running but nice to have it out and about. The truck is working great and we love the outdoor kitchen and motorcycle lift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darwin

Explorer
Is the opening on the camper on the drivers side just above bed the location you plan to mount the mini split?

S2DM

Adventurer
Is the opening on the camper on the drivers side just above bed the location you plan to mount the mini split?

Yup, good eye. Its protected and closed off when the top is down, but open when up. I have a reed switch circuit built in so the unit only gets power when the top is up so it is not cycling in a closed box if I forget to turn it off.

S2DM

Adventurer
Here are a few more from our test trip. At the junction of shanks creek and the blackstone river. We really tested our exit and approach angles getting in here. Pretty impressed with how well the truck did without the lockers installed yet. Outdoor kitchen is still a shell at this point as well, but it works really well.

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Im holding judgement until seal/whisker details are provided :sombrero:

On a (more) serious note... truck and camper look great :ylsmoke:

ripperj

Explorer
Nice work, also looks like a good test run.
I'm real glad you posted that seal. I have been avoiding doing the seals on my essentially new Alaskan because I don't like any of the solutions I bought. I have a $150 roll of Pirelli seal and about every kind of garage door and entry door seal available, 100s of dollars worth of stuff and it all seems half baked.
I'm going to spend some time on that site.
You had a custom order made? How bad $$ wise?

Thanks
Keith

Sent from my Passport

S2DM

Adventurer
Over a 150 feet it's about 1.50/ft. Otherwise 2-3$/ft

Nice work, also looks like a good test run.
I'm real glad you posted that seal. I have been avoiding doing the seals on my essentially new Alaskan because I don't like any of the solutions I bought. I have a $150 roll of Pirelli seal and about every kind of garage door and entry door seal available, 100s of dollars worth of stuff and it all seems half baked.
I'm going to spend some time on that site.
You had a custom order made? How bad $$ wise?

Thanks
Keith

Sent from my Passport

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Honestly, I'm still trying to understand how the seals were not sorted out in the design stages.

That's why I've been bugging you about the seal details for so long :sombrero:

I'm currently working out the logistics of what I consider the "best" way to seal hard-side popups, for a few clients and potential custom campers.

Essentially, the top will be sealed and (near) air-tight when 100% up and when fully nested.

Only during raising and lowering will it not be sealed. During those stages it will rely on whiskers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalewelsh