adventure races?

Momrocks

Adventurer
In the late 90's I was part of a team that we started to do a local adventure race held annually. We ended up doing three races a year around Florida and Alabama until we all eventually all got PCS orders and moved away. These were all sprint type races, no more than four or five hours start to finish.

I don't see as much Adventure Racing activity in mainstream as I did in the late 90s early 00s. The ECO Challenge and Hi-Tec series used to get mainstream exposure which led to interest and races being organized. I do know that a descent event is very difficult to hold. It requires many, many hours of preparation, lots of equipment and a slew of course workers. Unfortunately those interested in working the course are those more interested in competing. All and all many of the smaller events have dried up.

It was great fun. A very good excuse maintain good physical condition and get together for some varied outdoor activities. Through my brief stint at AR I discovered Salomon shoes which I love and wear to this day. It is the only clothing line that I get excited about when new models are launched.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1