AEV Rack disaster (rhino pioneer)

CodyY

Explorer
Got it sorted out. The rack is back on and no leaks ....YET!

I called Dave @ AEV He sent me instructions on how to remove the rack but didn't disclose that It was designed to be a permanent fixture. The rub is that mopar designed the hard top to be removed. Hence the issue. Hell, the bolts to the inside mounts are hidden and not accessible!! Piss poor design IMHO.
Its not a piss-poor design, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you didnt do enough research to ensure you purchased the right product for YOUR intended usage.

Here's some helpful advice for the future:

If something has "hidden bolts" and requires drilling of a sealed structure; its not designed to be removed seasonally. Also, if its not advertised as "easily removable", it generally isn't.

IMNSHO, YMMV, etc, etc ;)

dstock

Explorer
Its not a piss-poor design, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you didnt do enough research to ensure you purchased the right product for YOUR intended usage.

Here's some helpful advice for the future:

If something has "hidden bolts" and requires drilling of a sealed structure; its not designed to be removed seasonally. Also, if its not advertised as "easily removable", it generally isn't.

IMNSHO, YMMV, etc, etc ;)

I followed the AEV Rack thread on their forum for a year and it was never suggested at any point that it was supposed to be a permanent solution. It wasn't until after people purchased them that it became apparent that it was difficult to remove. I have an AEV lift and wheels so I have nothing against AEV but I do feel even AEV at the time didn't realize how difficult it was going to be to remove and certainly didn't publicize the fact.

I think AEV missed the boat on this one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1