bcnaz

Observer
Not mine, no affiliation

Craigs link

00P0P_4yL2GlEEW0sz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00g0g_34kScPjvxxz_0lM0t2_1200x900.jpg

DirtWhiskey

Western Dirt Rat
Looks like an ITB Body. Agreed that rear might be overloaded. Should be a 4500 or 5500. But it's a pretty sick ride.

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
@resolutefool - @DirtWhiskey

I am definitely not doubting but I am curious to understand. I checked the 2021 FCA documentation (probably similar, I dunno):

The seller says "converted to SRW" which implies to me it was a DRW originally and I'm guessing the 84" wheelbase. They say for that truck the GVWR is 14,000 lbs, front axle is 6,000 lbs and rear is 9,850 lbs. Max payload is 6,670 lbs.

He also says "11,000 lbs dry" and that it has a 39 gallon fresh water tank. So my maths say 11,275 lbs plus two humans, a dog, a couple of dirt bikes, 10 gallons of gas and 500 lbs of clothes, beer, coffee and Doritos gets me to 13,328 lbs total.

I have no idea how to estimate front/rear but looks like there's no modifications such as bumpers or winches so even if all the weight is gained over the rear seems like not much margin but still just under the wire. Am I just slightly wrong or completely wrong that it might OK?

Then if I only could sell a kidney for the remaining $259,918.33 I'd need to even consider it.

resolutefool

@resolutefool - @DirtWhiskey

I am definitely not doubting but I am curious to understand. I checked the 2021 FCA documentation (probably similar, I dunno):

The seller says "converted to SRW" which implies to me it was a DRW originally and I'm guessing the 84" wheelbase. They say for that truck the GVWR is 14,000 lbs, front axle is 6,000 lbs and rear is 9,850 lbs. Max payload is 6,670 lbs.

He also says "11,000 lbs dry" and that it has a 39 gallon fresh water tank. So my maths say 11,275 lbs plus two humans, a dog, a couple of dirt bikes, 10 gallons of gas and 500 lbs of clothes, beer, coffee and Doritos gets me to 13,328 lbs total.

I have no idea how to estimate front/rear but looks like there's no modifications such as bumpers or winches so even if all the weight is gained over the rear seems like not much margin but still just under the wire. Am I just slightly wrong or completely wrong that it might OK?

Then if I only could sell a kidney for the remaining $259,918.33 I'd need to even consider it.

It may be okay on the rear GAWR but those tires are rated at 3525 lbs each; pretty sure it's over 7,050 on the rear.

rawtoxic

I can see the tire rating limitation, I have seen it on other super single conversions one of them I was trying to buy but the seller didn't want to weigh it for me so I had to drop out. I think he overbuilt his E-rated tires. I ended up with a very low weight rated tiger actually at 9200# overall and it's a crewcab. I haven't had it weighed but we keep it minimal and I won't be able to do extensive changes easily like too many batteries. Looking for projects to drop it down in weight actually. I think ultralight is the way to go (especially for us).

So if all assumptions are correct; is the correct fix for this rig to go to a 19.5 rim or another rim to upgrade to G rated tires?

For this price point I'd like a nice larger pass-through. One other thing I found interesting is it says no warranty on a truck with only 5000 miles? Maybe due to modifications or can you buy the chassis cabs wholesale with no warranty for less?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1