Another Excursion

Cove

Observer
I had a lot of the same plans for my Excursion. So far I went with F250 springs up front (new from ATS) which really improved the handling and leveled up the stance. The bumper is an Iron Cross and I have a 12K badlands winch mounted in it. I replaced the factory lock out hubs with Mile Markers. Mine has a factory limited slip in rear and I am planning on an ARB locker for the front. Tires are 285/75-16 BFG KO2's on factory f250 steelies.

Totally agree that these are great platforms for an expo rig.

image1.JPG

Mack4

Adventurer
Those black wheels look great with the tan/gold. I am partial to the rim in the spare, kind of a gray color.

Raul B

Explorer
having had a diesel excursion i would opt to do a coilover setup vs the front leaf springs... as far as those disconnects go they look pretty whimpy for a excursion.. they look like the ones i had on my old jeep. they will be a PITA to put back on esp with something like a superduty... 4 link with coilovers and call it a day...

Mack4

Adventurer
I like that, did you ever figure out a better way to secure the endlink?

Some fresh new parts for the 6.0

IMG_20160316_101016_01.jpg

mmuthart

Observer
I like that, did you ever figure out a better way to secure the endlink?

Some fresh new parts for the 6.0

View attachment 335159

I've only used the disconnects once since installing. I just zip-tied the end links up to the frame, super quick and easy.

Those parts look familiar! I went through all that about 3 years ago. I did just about everything except for the head bolts. My 6.0 has 150K miles on it now and runs like a top. I had my entire intake manifold cleaned at an engine shop while it was off. So with the EGR delete and 'elephant hose' mod, it will never again be gunked up. Have fun!

Mack4

Adventurer
Found another way to do a coil conversion! Check out this sweet 2015 Excursion Conversion! Spotted it yesterday down in Aggieland.

IMG_20160319_125036.jpg

IMG_20160319_125028.jpg

thethePete

Explorer
What conversion? That's the stock SD front suspension, has been for some time now. And yes, you can swap the trailing arm axle/suspension under older rigs.

Mack4

Adventurer
Haha, its quite a bit more than a suspension swap! They stopped making the Excursion in 2005. The truck pictured is a 2015 King Ranch F-250 with the back body of a 2003 Excursion. Not much left of the original Excursion, probably costs 60-70k. Owner was super nice, said she owned three other Excursions and just had this one built for her. My point was that if the goal was getting coils under my truck, this is probably the most expensive, but awesome, way!

Mack4

Adventurer
It's alive! I must have had a gallon of coolant in the exhaust! It is running strong, but the oil pressure gauge is not working right, even when the truck is off, it's showing pressure.

IMG_20160321_124203_01.jpg

Mack4

Adventurer
Rear Susperudty Suspension is on, front is next!

10325725_10107907865181664_1934207514306429251_n.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1