Another one bites the dust?

Alaska Mike

ExPo Moderator/Eye Candy
Thanks for a bit of historical perspective. I hope we can move past that as more "coilers" hit the trail and we can all appreciate the attributes of the various Land Rovers.

Yorker

Adventurer
Alaska Mike said:
Thanks for a bit of historical perspective. I hope we can move past that as more "coilers" hit the trail and we can all appreciate the attributes of the various Land Rovers.

Like anything the LR community has evolved. People are more tolerant of modifications nowadays and less likely to consider a LR a sacred cow unless it is a really rare example like a 101 Vampire. Coiler owners have changed too as the price of the trucks has plumetted. There is room for everyone here which really makes Expedition Portal a cool environment for discussion and friendly debate.

stevenmd

Expedition Leader
Blair G said:
Everybody except for Discoveries. Where's the beehive poking smiley?

Blair
LOL, I started out with a disco, moved to a rangie, and am now contemplating a 109. I think something is wrong with me. I seem to be going backwards. :costumed-smiley-007

Blair G

Adventurer
stevenmd said:
LOL, I started out with a disco, moved to a rangie, and am now contemplating a 109. I think something is wrong with me. I seem to be going backwards. :costumed-smiley-007

Whats wrong with you!?. I have had them all and still do in one form or another.

Blair

revor

Explorer
Blair G said:
Everybody except for Discoveries. Where's the beehive poking smiley?

Blair

What's wrong with Disco's!!!! They're the same as the rest underneath!!! They're just a little ... Portly...:peepwall:

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
That's another thing I don't get... why does everybody say they're so heavy? They're only 4600lbs. For a mid size truck, that actually pretty good.

You know how many sedans are over 4000lbs these days?

DaktariEd

2005, 2006 Tech Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
Wow...I never would have imagined such a rift as coilers vs leafers or black vs green! I like a bunch of the LR's...Series, Defender, Disco (but am not hot on the RR)...and a bunch of other expedition vehicles.
Who the heck really cares?
I mean, seriously, do people really have that much of their self-esteem or self worth invested in a vehicle?
It's just a gob of electrical & mechanical parts tied together to produce forward motion and get from one place to another.
I just don't get it...

safari.gif

Hmmm...as a Moderator, maybe this is too inflammatory...maybe I should hit the "self-delete" button... ;)

Blair G

Adventurer
DaktariEd said:
Wow...I never would have imagined such a rift as coilers vs leafers or black vs green! I like a bunch of the LR's...Series, Defender, Disco (but am not hot on the RR)...and a bunch of other expedition vehicles.
Who the heck really cares?
I mean, seriously, do people really have that much of their self-esteem or self worth invested in a vehicle?
It's just a gob of electrical & mechanical parts tied together to produce forward motion and get from one place to another.
I just don't get it...

safari.gif

Hmmm...as a Moderator, maybe this is too inflammatory...maybe I should hit the "self-delete" button... ;)

What do you have against Range Rovers? Oh sure...the guy with the Toyotas and Pinz feel he has something to add. :coffee:

Blair G

Adventurer
revor said:
What's wrong with Disco's!!!! They're the same as the rest underneath!!! They're just a little ... Portly...:peepwall:

It seems that Disco owners are a bit sensitive. Tired of driving a soccer mom vehicle I guess.

Blair:smileeek:

DaktariEd

Blair G said:
What do you have against Range Rovers? Oh sure...the guy with the Toyotas and Pinz feel he has something to add. :coffee:

:xxrotflma
Ok, Ok, I give!
I love the Range Rover, too...just...not as much! ;)

safari.gif

DaktariEd

Blair G said:

On the other hand, I'd trade the Pinz for a Defender 110 or 130 in a heartbeat! ;)

safari.gif

gjackson

FRGS
I've got one to trade. Doesn't run. Some wiring damage. No batteries. Really bad smell inside . . .

:shakin:

cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1