Any members in the central Illinois area?

David Harris

Expedition Leader
Are there any members on here from the central Illinois or Indiana area? Interested in networking and getting together for an outing or two, even forming a small club if possible. I'm in Champaign, IL.

David

David Harris

Expedition Leader
I'm out in McHenry but I doubt that is what you had in mind location wise

Yeah. We'll still have to get together some time. I missed the Badlands trip with the Chicago Land Rover Club due to a cracked exhaust at the last minute that I wasn't able to get fixed in time. Maybe I can make the pipeline trip in February. Anyway, I just changed the transmission in my Rangie and converted to an LT230. I think I'll try to link up with someone local and make a shake down run to Badlands myself soon.

How was Rovers on the Rocks in your new Defender?

Last edited:

ArmyRover

Adventurer
It was a blast, spent most of my time in the Lucky8 P38 Range Rover though. Didn't want to break something on the Defender as it would have been a long walk home to a icy reception from the wife.

So far though it's a great Defender, my wife and daughter love it.

Drove it to Crown Point and back yesterday. Went on a junk yard run in it today to look for seats to adapt to it. I can't see paying for exmoor, to much money for what you get imho.

Built a shelf for it yesterday and got it carpeted today, gives the 3 dogs plenty of room and luggage storage a plenty underneath. Now I need to fab up a dog guard.

David Harris

Expedition Leader
I'm in Elgin (Chicago suburb)
And not a LR.
But I play well with others. ;)

My vehicle before I went Rover was a 2005 KJ. Loved that truck. Took me all over the country reliably. Did the white rim at Moab in stock trim. Do you belong to the Chicago Land Rover Club?

David Harris

Expedition Leader
I'm occasionally in Saint Charles...

Didn't know you had an Illinois connection, Matt. Next time you're out this way contact me. Maybe we can sample the local off-roading. Otherwise, I'm going to try to make the next Overland Expo. Are the dates locked in for that by the way?

MattScott

Approved Vendor
Didn't know you had an Illinois connection, Matt. Next time you're out this way contact me. Maybe we can sample the local off-roading. Otherwise, I'm going to try to make the next Overland Expo. Are the dates locked in for that by the way?

Yeah, born and raised in St. Charles, IL...went to school in Central Illinois too...I'll be messing around the area on Wednesday...

Overland Expo is May 17-19th per http://www.overlandexpo.com/

yellocoyote

Adventurer
My vehicle before I went Rover was a 2005 KJ. Loved that truck. Took me all over the country reliably. Did the white rim at Moab in stock trim. Do you belong to the Chicago Land Rover Club?

No, I don't. I mostly run with the LOST Jeep group... and some other local clubs on occasion. I poke around on ExPo and if a cool outing is posted, and I have time, I try to join in here also.

My KJ has been nearly everywhere in the states. I've had it out to Moab, to Ouray, to NW Montana... and also down in the Smokey Mountains. Leaving in 1-1/2 weeks for a 2-week trip to tour Route 66... all of the old alignments (or as many as we can get away with). It's by far the most fun I've ever had with any vehicle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nchamp