Anybody "Rhino lined/Line-Xed" the inside of their truck?

I think it would be cool to have the cargo area (maybe more) spray lined, coated, whatever, etc, in the my 2nd Gen 4Runner.

Anybody have any experience with this? I called the Rhino line company today to get a estimate, and they said about 8 bucks a square foot. But they have to spray at least 4' away, which would be tricky. They said they could maybe spray the plastic walls too, but the prep would would be a big pain.

I would like rip out the carpet and make the cargo area super abusable.

Give me you thoughts.

Thanks.

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
i did the roll on stuff in my old 85' yota. it worked great and i could wash it out whenever i wanted!

6926200095_large.jpg

6926200014_medium.jpg

not a very good picture of it. but i got rid of the truck about 5 years ago.

SunTzuNephew

Explorer
I've got a pickup with rhinolining. Works well, very durable, easy to clean.

A friend rebuilt a CJ-5 with a 4BT, he had the entire body coated. Looks like something the cat barfed up but absolutely rugged.

CYi5

Explorer
I herculined the inside of my Samurai. Pretty easy and turned out great. Make sure you get the extra UV coating on whatever system you go with. Even though yours will be inside, it's nice to have the extra coating when your top is off.

southpier

Expedition Leader
one of the custodial services i use did this to their new Sprinter (they get some Messy jobs!) and i came out great.

cut down on the noise, too. they're always carrying pumps, vacuums, et cetera

02tacotoy

Adventurer
When I was doing research for my truck bed coating I have found that Line-x seemed to be the best. I got my truck bed done with it and got a quote of about $600 for the interior and door sills.

If I ever pay it off and decide to SAS it then I might go all the way and do the interior. Just remember it will be like driving in a coffee can compared to a truck with sound dampening carpet.

getlost4x4

Expedition Leader
the smell went away in about two weeks of hot summer days.

it kept the inside just as quiet as before because i did about 5 coats of that crap. although a toyota isn't that quiet to begin with.

john difool

Observer
i heard a couple of times that "durabak" seems to be the choice.
i'm also wondering about the toxicity inside since i'm looking into a similar approach for a vehicle i sleep in.

Ireland

Adventurer
I did my crewcab hilux last December with Rhino liner and couldn't be happier with the results. I paid $550 CDN for the guy to do the spraying but I did all the removal of seats, trim and other odds and ends. He did all the masking to protect the interior.

I also took the time to run some emt pipe oe conduit between the front and rear of the truck to run speaker and other wires in. This was mostly buried with rhino liner afterwards.
I asked for and got a very heavy coat of liner on the floor area, over 1/2 inch thick in places, partly to level out some of the stampings that are in the floor. I covered some of the floor drains with liner bet left at least one in each area for draining.
The biggest issue was reinstalling the seats and other fittings as some liner got into the threads and made for lots of work that could have easily been avoided by getting some threaded rod and filling all the bolts with it. cover the bottom of the rod (after installing it) with some green painters tape about an inch or so up from the hole and when sprayed simply remove the rod and just run in your original bolts ect.

There is next to no smell in the truck from the rhino liner and no other issues with it at all in my experience. I would highly recommend it.

I do still have the floor mats installed in the truck.

gofalls

Observer
One of the first things I did is rip the carpet out of the rear, scuff sand, and put two coats of hurculiner on ($80 1Gal at ACE). I have more than a half gal left to use on other stuff. Smell went away after a couple of days with the windows open. Later I will put diamond plate on the back of the seats and have a complete durable bed.
hurc.jpg

STREGA

Explorer
I had a Chevy 4x4 Van complety Linexed in the interior floor to cieling and it worked very well, wasn't cheap but was easy to clean out and dampened the noise alot smell was not an issue either

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1