ARE Cap and RTT?

ielias12

Hi Everyone,
I'm in the process of purchasing an ARE Cap (Z Series or Overlander Series) - Does anyone out there have a Front Runner, GOBI, Baja, Prensu Rack installed on one of the two ARE Caps I just mentioned? If so, I've been trying to look for total weight requirements on these caps and it's been like trying to find "The Arc of the Covenant..." - Any help or info would be fantastic and appreciated! Pictures would be great as well! Thanks in advance to everyone!

dman93

Adventurer
I have a Z Series with the factory tracks plus Yakima towers and two crossbars. I have put maybe 10K miles on it with my Tepui RTT mounted up, no issues.

A.Wilson013

Adventurer
Try contacting ARB direct. My buddy just got a Leer for his 2017 Tundra and was able to call them to confirm the dynamic rating, as well as the static.

hamiltonuh60

I believe the overland series is similar to the V series. Anyway I have a V series with Frontrunner racks for both cab and cap, no issues with RTT weight. Ive had the RTT mounted to both racks as they are the same size. Also I bought the Frontrunner rails so I have no experience with any other rack or rails.

ielias12

Perfect...thank you to both of you...I ended up going with an ARE Cap...Static weight dynamic 200lbs and Static 800lbs...I think I should be good...

Hamiltounuh60, how you liking the FrontRunner rack? I'm leaning towards that set up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frank Design