Artistic Shots- Well thought out, framed (positioned), artistic shots only please.

smslavin

Adventurer
Climbing over Kingston Peak yesterday.

Slavin_130803_7874.jpg

Wish I'd been able to shoot more but after 11 years, my 5D is dying a slow death. Going to try picking up some new batteries this week and see what happens but this feels like the defining moment to finally switch back to film. Got my 1V dusted off and I'm thawing film as I type. Velvia, Tri-X and HP5. Going to be fun. :wings:

Who has scanner recs? :costumed-smiley-007

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
Nice shot Slavin! My original 5D is dying too. Sending it in next week to Canon to see what they can do with it, but I'm the opposite of you, and hoping to just trade up and add another 5DMKII or maybe move up to the 5DMKIII

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Canon does have a trade up program. You can call them or somewhere find it online, but the service center that I use is actually not far from my office (within 40 minutes) and they have a hand out that says what exchanges for what. It's usually a pretty good deal, if you are okay with exchanging your old kit for a fresh refurb.

smslavin

Adventurer
Nice shot Slavin! My original 5D is dying too. Sending it in next week to Canon to see what they can do with it, but I'm the opposite of you, and hoping to just trade up and add another 5DMKII or maybe move up to the 5DMKIII

Thanks. If I didn't have a funding issue these days, I'd just pick up a II or III as well.

Canon does have a trade up program. You can call them or somewhere find it online, but the service center that I use is actually not far from my office (within 40 minutes) and they have a hand out that says what exchanges for what. It's usually a pretty good deal, if you are okay with exchanging your old kit for a fresh refurb.

You must be near Irvine. I didn't know they had the trade up and I have no issue with a refurb. I'm going to look into that. Thanks for the head's up.

crawldit

Adventurer
Captured this one this weekend camping in Southern Wyoming. This was my first attempt at Nightscapes and only hoped to photograph the Milky Way when a thunder storm rolled through the area. Had some lucky timing with this one.

taco2go

Explorer
Sure they do :)
Always enjoy your pictures Pat, seems like you are really enjoying your foray into the life aquatic, just read some of your blog. Nice boat.:snorkel:

I was up in the Manistique area and visited Fayette. I've been doing more Plein air oil painting, but got back into a little photography this weekend. Missed the immediacy of capturing the way the light changes, almost every second, at the extremes of the day. Next weekend I'm hoping to head up to the Keweenaw.....pure Michigan.

untitled-3324-L.jpg

untitled-3309-Edit-L.jpg

untitled-3280-Edit-L.jpg

untitled-3315-M.jpg

untitled-3237-L.jpg

untitled-3320-L.jpg

Attachments

• untitled-3280-Edit-L.jpg
    untitled-3280-Edit-L.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 18

TJDIV

Adventurer
If I get up for sunrise, damn it, that qualifies as "thought out" LOL.

High Rock Bay sunrise during UPO2013:
i-bh9JDC2-L.jpg

And that moment a RTT shines in the morning sun:
i-zd89D5V-L.jpg

Early morning; Superior. :)
i-Zs43687-L.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1