Artistic Shots- Well thought out, framed (positioned), artistic shots only please.

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Thanks Pat. The Crystal Mill one of the key motivators for me to go to this area. I had to check it off my bucket list.:sombrero:

418718_818437513121_1225029009_n.jpg

I picked up a Nikon 50mm F1.8 a few months back. Only used it for a few shots when I got it. Took it out again today to start actually using it. Love the shallow DOF.

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Water fall challenge

While in Lead King Basin I hiked up to this waterfall thinking I could get a great waterfall shot. It was not as easy as I had thought. The waterfall just didn't have the right landscape surrounding it to make a good photo. I took tons of shots from different angles and none of them worked out. One approach was using my 70-200 tele with the thought of stitching them together as a pano. Did that when I got home....still garbage.

This is the whole waterfall.
MG1305-L.jpg

I finally found a crop of one of the tele shots I liked and this was my only keeper.
MG1373-L.jpg

taco2go

Explorer
Wow, some awesome recent submissions- Josh I love all of those island pictures. :Wow1: Great colors.

I took my 16-35mm on a backpacking trip this weekend, and need to put some pictures up soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1