AT JK Gear Rack

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
Would one of you mind taking a couple measurements when you have a chance?
I'd like to know what the height is from the rack to the ceiling of the habitat, from the bottom of the rack to the top of the drawer, and from the bottom of the rack to the floor of the trunk.
And maybe a better question, is the rack height adjustable or would moving it up/down also move it forward and back?
Thanks!

MC4X4

Observer
The rack is adjustable up and down and forward and back. The base of mine sits about an inch above the top of the back seat on the middle setting of the rack. I hope that helps.
Cheers Mark.

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
Thanks man! I was looking at the front runner rack but it doesn't look like it extends to the back window, and doesn't look adjustable.

kb7our

Explorer
Thanks man! I was looking at the front runner rack but it doesn't look like it extends to the back window, and doesn't look adjustable.

Mario, if you guys want to test fit the rack with my soft top when I arrive for Habitat install in a week or so then that is fine. I saw an earlier post that indicated you weren't sure if the rack would work with the soft top so even though I am not getting the rack at this time you are certainly welcome to test fit if you want.

elcoyote

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0004
We have not confirmed the soft top yet. We will post once we do.

Here are clearance dimensions. Note that in picture Rack is at highest position of adjustment.
AT JK Rack clearance.jpg

Last edited:

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
We have not confirmed the soft top yet. We will post once we do.

Here are clearance dimensions. Not in picture Rack is at highest position of adjustment.
View attachment 137602

Thanks for posting that, great visual! So many different ways to configure that space. I was looking at the front running sliding cargo rack but your setup shown above seems to keep everything accessible without much wasted space. Nice to visualize where I could put things....

will

Adventurer
Hey Mario,

It looks like there's a secondary door on the top of the Stage 1 drawer. Can you give us some info about that? Is that for grabbing something quickly from the drawer, w/o having to open it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1