AT Tacoma Habitat: Official Thread

elcoyote

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0004
It may have already been asked, but is there any chance one of these will be at Expo East?
Yes. We will have at least one 6ft Tacoma. We are trying to coordinate another.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

joel

Observer
There is probably a 50/50 chance I'll be able to attend Expo East, if you need another one. I haven't booked the trip yet, though.

elcoyote

There is probably a 50/50 chance I'll be able to attend Expo East, if you need another one. I haven't booked the trip yet, though.
Joel, I'll send you and email off line to coordinate

Fundy Rider

Looks like all the negative aspects of the flipac has been resolved with the Habitat. Still a year or so away from a 94 Toyota extra cab resto and have this on my radar. Will these be available for the older Toyotas and still have the ability to transfer to a newer Tacoma if one day I decide to go that route?

michael_l

Observer
New Colorado ZR2 with that camper and 30mpg?... Hmmm:Wow1: Knowing Chevy it will just be a Tacoma TRD Pro rip off instead of the awesome concept, but a guy can dream....

This is exactly what I was thinking.....been eyeing a new colorado or a new raptor...I know two different leagues but still what I'm looking at. This is great news from AT Habitat!

elcoyote

Looks like all the negative aspects of the flipac has been resolved with the Habitat. Still a year or so away from a 94 Toyota extra cab resto and have this on my radar. Will these be available for the older Toyotas and still have the ability to transfer to a newer Tacoma if one day I decide to go that route?

The Habitat is compatible with Tacoma Gens 1, 2 & 3

Godomore

Just found this forum and in particular this thread...looking to jump in to adventure touring...got my heart set on a Tacoma with...???...set up...
Really like this alternative to a FWC or ATC....waiting for all you guys who now have one to chime in...also any changes or upgrades to be made to the future models.

Just found this forum and in particular this thread...looking to jump in to adventure touring...got my heart set on a Tacoma with...???...set up...
Really like this alternative to a FWC or ATC....waiting for all you guys who now have one to chime in...also any changes or upgrades to be made to the future models.

Check out this guy's current build.... http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...minum-Nissan-D40-camper?p=2158695#post2158695

I bought his first camper and it is very well built. It may be worth looking around before committing to particular platform. Get ideas from various builds and do some research. You may be able to have a local fab guy weld up a camper that will be perfect for your needs.

canoe4me

Is there anybody out there?

Does anybody really have one of these campers yet? I have seen a few pics by sponsored overland types and from the builder, but that's about it. I assume those were prototypes? I have money down on one of these units but the production date keeps being set back.

Is the lack of real world info because there are no AT Tacoma Habitats out in the back of beyond or because the owners are having so much fun that they don't have time to talk about it here?

elcoyote

Does anybody really have one of these campers yet? I have seen a few pics by sponsored overland types and from the builder, but that's about it. I assume those were prototypes? I have money down on one of these units but the production date keeps being set back.

Is the lack of real world info because there are no AT Tacoma Habitats out in the back of beyond or because the owners are having so much fun that they don't have time to talk about it here?
16 Habitats have been built and delivered to date. Another 18 are in our production queue awaiting tents from Nemo. The majority of delivered units are not ExPo members so pictures and commentary will not be ubiquitous on this thread however here is a cool pic one of our clients just sent in last week
4c77c394e8469eb44ae92fdd49dcd5cf.jpg

pyrate

Rollin' along
I know you have a specific market in mind for your product, but have you ever considered something like this Expo member built? http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/137366-Tacoma-aluminum-Pop-up/page7

I like your product but prefer something that stays in one parking space for situations that I want to open it up when I am not out in the wide open spaces. I also would prefer a hard top so I can use solar charging panels that are mounted as well as minimizing the amount of tent fabric.

This may not be where you are headed at all but I thought I would ask as this member's idea is very interesting and a nice custom build. IMG_7846.JPG IMG_7672.JPG IMG_7782.JPG

elcoyote

I know you have a specific market in mind for your product, but have you ever considered something like this Expo member built? http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/137366-Tacoma-aluminum-Pop-up/page7

I like your product but prefer something that stays in one parking space for situations that I want to open it up when I am not out in the wide open spaces. I also would prefer a hard top so I can use solar charging panels that are mounted as well as minimizing the amount of tent fabric.

This may not be where you are headed at all but I thought I would ask as this member's idea is very interesting and a nice custom build.

It has been considered however we design and build what the market asks for and requests for such a design are not significant enough for us at this time to warrant the development costs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1