Back in a van-FINALLY or Overland-ish style build: take 2

coguzzi

Adventurer
IMG_0426.jpg
Back to making dust for the sprinter finally, cabinet face/doors for the cabinets already built. Got my foam pulled out as well as a the roll of fabric ive been saving for quite some time for this project. final dust making stages and sewing (plus huge list of final details)--the end game

coguzzi

Adventurer
IMG_0452.jpg
the supervisors making sure i do a good job on the last cabinet for this build, or they are wondering when we are finally going on the road!?!?!
IMG_0483.jpg
between the 2 builds i had going on i feel like ive been building cabinets for months (which i have). gonna de-dust my shop and put all those tools away for a while. getting there

coguzzi

Adventurer
So FIONA is finally done, well done enough anyway, i have plans to develop something new for interior and exterior rear doors but time is short right now and rather just finally use her. Fiona is the result of a fairly extensive build for us with 1750 hours into her, but still follows our belief of simplicity in design and systems. Took way longer than i wanted on this one since i had several other projects in the mean time that pulled me away for several months. Made for longer term travel with 2 humans and 2 dogs with storage for all the toys. You know, this Colorado boy REALLY needs to escape Quebec for a while--looooong while.

DETAILS:
Redarc Manager 30 Battery Management System
2x Volthium 200ah self heating lithium batteries (2x for redundancy) with Bluetooth
350 watt roof mounted solar
Dometic RTX2000 12V Air Conditioner
Truma Combi 4 heater/water heater with undermount propane system
Propane Range/Oven
AC/DC Refrigerator
Elevator Bed, electric of my own design
Convertible Interior Shower
Outside Shower at rear door
Safe for valuables/passports/laptops etc
3M Thinsulate insulation, 4 season
Amp Research Power Step
Viair 450C air compressor with 3 gallon Aluminum tank and 3 ARB air ports
Remora Roof Rack
Roof Deck made in collaboration with Flagwerks
Thule Awning with Rigid Amber Scene Light/white rear flood light
Van Compass 4.3 suspension upgrade
BlackRhino wheels with Goodyear Duratrac 265/70/17 tires

couple post of pics since limited how many i can post at once. complete set at our FB page https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100057598833148

01.jpeg02.jpeg07.jpeg09.jpeg10.jpeg11.jpeg

coguzzi

Adventurer
Love the color scheme!!

Now, get the F*#% outta Quebec for a while!!
working on it, long-ish story on that one dealing with Mercedes and service A being due for time not milage (with under 200km on it) and satisfying warranty

In the meantime, details details. The vertically challenged wife 1.0 legs grew tired pretty quickly as touching the floor with her feet wasnt the best (see a lot of complaints about this), and since the lil dog rides in her lap all the time---enter platform box with bonus more storage
IMG_0789.jpgIMG_0790.jpg

and ive been using it to get to my local mountain bike trail, so made the interior L-track bike mount. now i can just keep my bike inside ready to go vs putting rack/bike on my jeep everytime. bike does fit with bed down as well if i drop the seat.
IMG_0786.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk