Basic Betty Build

mrjakeyoung

Proudly ordered my first new truck yesterday. Spec'd it at Ken Grody and have already become very impatient as I look toward a 3-5 month lead time. I figured starting a build thread might ease my butterflies a bit, so here we go!

2024 F150 CCSB, 5.0, Lariat 502a w/ black appearance and Tow/Haul packages (3.73 + locking rear dif)

The goal is to build a Basic Betty work truck on the outside with the guts and performance of the ultimate daily-commuverlander-camper. Initial plan is to absolutely drain the bank account for a Gen 6 Whipple, Ford Performance Bilsteins, and a Decked system. I know I'm going to overpay for the shocks and Whipple install at a dealer, but I guess having everything warrantied on my first brand new truck just feels right.

Second step is to burn through the OEM tires (thanks to the Whipple) and throw 35s on, then swap the running boards for RCI sliders and matching skid plates.

Final big addition will be a lightweight wedge camper. I was all-in on SuperPacific until a week ago, but seeing the new GoFast V2 Pro has me questioning which one is right for me...

With my first baby on the way, who knows how long I'll actually take between those projects. But, I'm pumped for the process and should hopefully share plenty of little DIY projects along the way. I welcome all tips, tricks, and heckling. Cheers!

vehicle.png

Last edited:

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Proudly ordered my first new truck yesterday. Spec'd it at Ken Grody and have already become very impatient as I look toward a 3-5 month lead time. I figured starting a build thread might ease my butterflies a bit, so here we go!

2024 F150 CCSB, 5.0, Lariat 502a w/ black appearance and Tow/Haul packages (3.73 + locking rear dif)

The goal is to build a Basic Betty work truck on the outside with the guts and performance of the ultimate daily-commuverlander-camper. Initial plan is to absolutely drain the bank account for a Gen 6 Whipple, Ford Performance Bilsteins, and a Decked system. I know I'm going to overpay for the shocks and Whipple install at a dealer, but I guess having everything warrantied on my first brand new truck just feels right.

Second step is to burn through the OEM tires (thanks to the Whipple) and throw 35s on, then swap the running boards for RCI sliders and matching skid plates.

Final big addition will be a lightweight wedge camper. I was all-in on SuperPacific until a week ago, but seeing the new GoFast V2 Pro has me questioning which one is right for me...

With my first baby on the way, who knows how long I'll actually take between those projects. But, I'm pumped for the process and should hopefully share plenty of little DIY projects along the way. I welcome all tips, tricks, and heckling. Cheers!

vehicle.png
Congrats on the new truck! Enjoy!

if you're not already over there, lots of good info on https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk