bfdiesel's F350 Crew Cab

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Stink eye never sleeps! If it's not one thing, it's another:). Getting it running is definitely the priority. Look forward to seeing the progress.

bfdiesel

Explorer
Got my new door lock cylinders as the ignition key I have is different from the door and it only came with the one key. Also got my o rings to rebuild the oil cooler so I may go pull it off this weekend to get it cleaned up and ready.

I took my wife out elk hunting and she shot her first cow elk. One shot one kill. I'll post pics up as soon as I can get them out of my phone.

Rot Box

Explorer
Cool :bike_rider: Its good to see you are rebuilding the oil cooler its well worth the effort imo. Every IDI oil cooler I've rebuilt was long overdue. The new o-rings from Ford are much better than what came stock so you should be good to go for a long time.

bfdiesel

Explorer
So I pulled the grill, head lights and the plastic bracket supporting it all off last night. I also pulled the oil Cooler off the donar motor. Ended up buying victor reinz o rings for the cooler and Fel pro for the cooler to block. Tonight I will work on the radiator and core support. We should be pulling it into my brothers garage Monday and pulling the old motor and hopefully setting the new one and buttoning it up Tuesday. Hopefully tank can make it up to make three of us working on it.

bftank

Explorer
i am in for monday and tuesday! need to be back by 6p though. going to try to bring the titanic with me!

bfdiesel

Explorer
So I rebuilt the oil cooler when I pulled it off the block I found a peanut. Also a lot of silicone and other chunky's, but the peanut was the most interesting. The boy and I also pulled the oil pan off today cleaned it up and painted it ford blue. It was interesting pulling a pan full of oil off it got quiet messy. We replaced the rear main as well.

The core support is out and everything is unbolted save the starter and ready to pull the old motor out. Shouldn't take long Monday morning to have the old motor out and the new one in place.

Found the solder under the top radiator hose nipple pushed out and it looked like it had been leaking so I cleaned it up, burned the old solder out and put new in. Hopefully it will not leak.

Tomorrow is the day off, taking the family fishing out on the green river.

bfdiesel

Explorer
Fishing was a good day, but no fish. Found the reason for the old motor giving up the ghost, it dropped a valve into a cylinder. Have the new motor in just a matter of buttoning it all up. Hopefully we'll get to hear it run tomorrow.

bfdiesel

Explorer
first snow that stuck this year dripping all over where we worked
IMG_0333[1].JPG
I had to paint the oil pan ford blue
IMG_0332[1].JPG
reason I need a tractor
IMG_0331[1].JPG

I'll get some pics of the old motors dropped valve and of the truck buttoned up later.

bfdiesel

Explorer
You can see parts of the valve retainer. Looked pretty beat up like it was run that way for a while.
IMG_0335[1].JPG

On a good note my solder job on the radiator spout seems to be working well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nchamp