BFG K/O 2 Versus K/O 3

EpicPlanet

Was intending to get a set of KO2s, but now that the KO3 is out, leaning a bit toward them instead. Not a lot of unbiased info out there on the differences. Anyone running KO3s? Anyone switch from KO2s to 3s?

Alloy

I ran KO2s and was going to put K03s on my Tacoma but the KO3 looks more like an All Season that an All Terrain.

TwinStick

Explorer
I absolutely agree with that statement.

In my lifetime, my favorite tire & tread pattern was the old style Cooper Discovery STT. I was able to drive through stuff without spinning a tire & they lasted pretty long too.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
My wife wanted the BFG ATs on our Sequoia and I pointed out that her love of those tires is based on the original KO. She nor I have ever driven the KO2, and as said, the new KO3 looks like an all season at best. BFG is going the wrong direction with this new AT. All the other big brands are going more aggressive in their AT designs and BFG is going highway style. If you are super keen on BFGs, get some KO2s before they are gone.

RubiconGeoff

Adventurer
The original BFG All Terrain KO had some of the deepest tread of any All Terrain tire. The KO2 was a huge disappointment with its very shallow tread. I was hoping that the KO3 would go back to having deep tread, but now that the specs are out we can see that they've retained the shallow tread. If you want full-depth tread, Falken and Mickey Thompson are what you want to look into.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frank Design