Body lift for the M416 questions.

rubicon789

Observer
I can't refine the search enough, and I am sure thisquestion has been asked before.

Can you put a piece of 1-2" stock in between the leaf spring mounts and the frame rail on the M416?

I figure this will give plenty of clearence for 33's with out jacking the tube way up with a SOA (spring over axle). I just seems so tall that way and I am not sure I like it.

How much lift does the SOA usually net?

Thanks

IggyB

Adventurer
I've not heard of anyone doing a "body lift" on a 1/4 ton.

With SOA the amount of lift you gain is the thickness of the axle tube + the thickness of the spring pack. So about 4 to 6 inches.

You can put longer shackles on the back and get a bit of lift that way.

socaljeeper

Adventurer
SOA will give you about 4 inches. I have 33's on my m-416 without a soa and they fit fine, so you may not need to do anything.

rubicon789

Observer
Socal,

Did you have to fab new fenders? Or were you able to get away with the stock ones?

And not that this would be a "body lift" because esentially the body isn't moving, it is just the brackets getting a spacer. Shackles are an option I guess..

socaljeeper

Adventurer
Socal,

Did you have to fab new fenders? Or were you able to get away with the stock ones?

And not that this would be a "body lift" because esentially the body isn't moving, it is just the brackets getting a spacer. Shackles are an option I guess..

Even if you raise the trailer with a SOA, the stock fenders will be too narrow with 33's. I did make new fenders for mine, but I believe the stock fenders will work as far as vertical clearance, they just need to be a little wider. I think leaving the trailer height as is and modifying the stock fenders or make new fenders is your best bet.

Inkog

Observer
I think that you could go 2" without problem as long as you weld the spacer stock into a "T", just as the stock perches are configured.

dieselcruiserhead

16 Years on ExPo. Whoa!!
body lift would be a hair fugly, unfortunately... I would do shackles or some other method if required... Agreed that the SOA on them is tall...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1