Bone marrow donor needed

Ireland

Adventurer
Got this tonight, The sister of the girl in need is a good friend of my wife's... Perhaps someone can help...

Hi everyone!

this is a video of my two sisters. Erica has leukemia and needs a bone marrow donor quickly.
If you know of anyone of mixed race, Chinese and Caucasian she desperately needs to find a match.
Please pass this along,
thank you so much,
Linda

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYUFB542Iak

BKCowGod

Automotive ADHD is fun!
My Fiancee got her transplant on the 9th of this month, and one of the options they gave her was autonomous donation. Basically, they use your own marrow. This was for Non-Hodgkins anaplastic lymphoma, but i hear it is getting more common.

best of luck

Superu

Explorer
The autonomous donation sounds very similar to the stem cell harvesting that is done for treatment of Non-Hodgkins lymphoma. There are some very promising agents close to release that significantly increase the amount of stem cells your body is able to release in this process. As you would expect, more of your own stem cells means better success at rebuilding your body's immune system after it's been knocked out by chemo and radiation treatments.

Even though I work for the company that is making it, I have no stake in it and I've personally met with people in the trials who've been helped by it and it's just one more reason I love the place I work!

I'm also in the national bone marrow donor registry but not being of asian ancestry would likely not be a match for the girl in need. Best of luck.

Peace,
Bill

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1