Breckenridge, CO 2021 Black Series HQ15

mmmahhmatt

Have this listed on CL in hopes of a local transfer of ownership. In an effort to increase viewers am providing link here also. I would consider a package deal including the 2016 Tundra Platinum with 55k miles. Camper Build date January 2021. I purchased used in May 2021. Much sorting followed and was finally realized with an awesome base camp that will follow anywhere. Happy to discuss further with serious inquiry. Clean Colorado title ready for transfer with sale. Asking $53,000.00 usd. PM or contact in CL ad. Thanks. Matt.

2E70DAD9-DE70-482B-A91F-E6D6A0393811.jpeg

Ninelitetrip

North + South full size bed. Full en-suite with separate ceramic toilet, ceramic vessel sink, large shower stall. Full kitchen inside. Collapsible dinette. Outdoor shower. Full stainless slide out exterior kitchen with huge prep/ serve area. Four 100ah batteries. Roof mounted dual 150w solar panels. 2000/ 4000max inverter. 50 gallon fresh plus 16 gallon dedicated drinking with triple filter. Upgrades included.

Can you be more specific on the upgrades you made?

What options from the factory, if any?

Batteries are AGM?

mmmahhmatt

Hi. I’m unaware of available factory options from all of the research that I’ve done. The four 100ah batteries are AGM correct.

The prior owner was uneducated in this model at best. Basic operating knowledge was lacking and I was left spending countless hours online researching. Because I purchased it used I was unable to get any dealer support.

I noticed one of the spare tires was flat and upon inflation found the source of the leak was the steel rim. It was leaking from a bad weld holding the center to the rim. I sourced and purchased used alloy Toyota beadlock FJ Cruiser wheels. Custom drilled and found ET lug nuts for proper attachment. While doing this I noticed that the tires were scuffed and cupping started. Next project was suspension alignment which was WAY off and made a huge difference in how well the trailer followed.

Checking on the camper periodically while stored found the batteries were not charging correctly. MANY more hours of research on solar and troubleshooting led me to suspect there was a problem with the solar controller. The panels were producing watts daytime but controller was not converting to amps and sending to batteries. I was also suspect that the brakes were compromised and wanted to have the wheel bearings checked and adjusted.
Scheduled a service and was correct on all. New controller and charge being sent. Was informed batteries were wired incorrectly and only charging one not four. Fixed. These are shipped to dealers with batteries not installed and suspect p/o dealer wired wrong. Brakes were gone, suspect it was driven with parking brake on. New brakes. Wheel bearings adjusted.
Plumbing fitting under sink was stressed and failed. Hours more spent researching. Plumbing is all John Guest metric. Stuff is really nice but mainly RoW. Would revolutionize plumbing in this country.

There is so much more but am typing on my phone. Love this unit and so much more now that I’m able to use it as intended when nothing breaks. It was my first travel trailer but purchased after first demoing many others. I was astonished at how awful the industry build quality or total lack of. Demoed an HQ17 and loved it but felt necessitated a 3/4 ton truck at minimum. Began looking and fount this a half hour away. I still believe this is the perfect compromise in a hard side that’s only 15’ internal length. And now can be built out with custom touches to suit individual desires.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frank Design