CA FS: 1999 Mitsubishi Montero 4x4

Sold

1999 Mitsubishi Montero Winter Package (Factory rear air-locker) 172k miles
White with grey leather interior. Asking $6,000.

Modifications:

31x10.50r15 Nexen Rodian Mud Terrain Tires x5 Good tread
Custom Warn front bumper & Smittybilt XRC-8 Winch
Hella 500 lights on bumper, 42" LED lightbar on roof
JVC Bluetooth radio with hands free phone and Pandora
Cobra CB radio
2" Cranked front torsion bars
2" Rear spring spacers
Gears upgraded to 4.636
Lockright front locker
Rugged Ridge manual hubs
Trailgear Rock Sliders
KYB Monomax Shocks
Custom Bi-xenon projector headlamps
Extra Trans cooler
Pintle hitch with 2" ball and trailer wiring
Reinforced transmission skid plate
Optima Yellow top battery

Maintenance:
157k - New Timing belt, water pump, all coolant hoses, radiator, thermostat done at Glendale Mitsubishi (Have receipt)
164k - New Front End joints (Upper & Lower ball joints, Inner & Outer tie Rods, Idler arm, and Pitman Arm)
165k - New Front Axles (All boots look new still)
165k - Rebuilt Alternator
168k - Heads completely rebuilt, decked, pressure checked. New valve guides and seals, new head gaskets, new valve cover gaskets, new spark plugs.
168k - New transmission filter & flush (Mitsubishi SP3)
170k - New Gear oil in Front, center, and rear differentials. Also changed F & R Diffs to 4.636 gears. Power steering and brakes flushed.

Bad:
Compass Light bulb out
Right side of Heater controls also bulb out
Minor trail scratches and dents

Bought Truck stock in April of 2013 with 158k miles on it. All modifications were done within the past two years of ownership. The truck was built for a reliable weekend camping and expedition rig. This truck has been on many Big Bear trails and explored Anza Borrego, Inyo Forest, and the San Bernardino mountains. I have since convinced my wife and two dogs to accompany me, so we are looking for a larger truck. Clean title in hand. Registered until 4/16.
I had 33x12.50r15 tires on this truck, and it cleared the fenders just fine.

Everything works in this car, Hot Heat, Cold A/C, power windows/locks/sunroof, heated seats. Hell, the cruise even works.
Side steps, mudflaps, and rear swaybar all removed, but is included with sale.
This truck is a beast off road. It is very capable for what it is. A solid front axle will do wonders.
With the front hubs locked, in 4 low, and rear locker on, this truck is a true 4x4, fully locked.

Please do not expect a cosmetically perfect truck. This truck was built for real off-road use, and it was used but not abused. I have highlighted the minor body damage/scratches in the photos. I am located in Pasadena.

DSCF1365 (Medium).JPGDSCF1364 (Medium).JPGDSCF1363 (Medium).JPGDSCF1362 (Medium).JPGDSCF1361 (Medium).JPGDSCF1360 (Medium).JPGDSCF1369 (Medium).JPGDSCF1368 (Medium).JPGDSCF1367 (Medium).JPGDSCF1366 (Medium).JPG

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1