Campa USA Expedition Vehicle Sytem

campausa

More pics soon

We will have more pics fairly soon. This week the Campa EVS gets nerf bars and hopefully a custom aluminum roof rack if the material arrives in time. We are also equipping the unit with satellite communication system. GPS is already a part of the package.

Also a note on the perfect switch. On later model Toyota Tacomas, the wire from the alternator goes to the battery via the main fuse box. The alternator wire needs to be separated from the fuse box and should be the only wire connected to the auxiliary battery side of the perfect switch. The wire from the starter and from the main fuse box would both be connected to the positive terminal of the main battery. This way the battery power for the starter and the Toyota electronics are protected as the perfect switch protects the main battery from being drained. The system is awesome. I completely drained the auxiliary battery and the truck started right up and after a short drive the auxiliary battery was back at full capacity.

I also disconnected the ground terminal from the main battery (I left the ground terminal and positive terminal of the auxiliary battery connected) and the truck fired right up too. (This was after the auxiliary battery was at full capacity).

The hot water shower system works really well too. The water is heated by the radiator fluid passing through a heat exchanger. You can adjust the temperature with both your heater controls and the engine rpm.

Willman

What size tires are those????? 255 or 285's?????

CAMPA_EVS_088.jpg

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
blupaddler said:
I would love to see on a Dodge crew cab diesel. That might be my future wheeler with th current direction of gas prices.

Chris has been talking latelty about selling the Toyota and building a Dodge full size. It would not surprise me if in the next 6 months that this project is underway. He wants to do a crew cab diesel with a full EVS conversion.

haven

Expedition Leader
on ebay in June

Does anyone know how much Campa USA wants for the Toyota EVS? The truck appeared on eBay in June. Bidding got to $25,000, which did not meet the reserve price.

A Dodge 3500 with diesel and single rear wheels would be a nice platform for another EVS project. If they start work now, they could be ready for SEMA. The show is a little early this year, Oct. 30 to Nov 2.

Chip Haven

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
Chris will still do conversions. He just acquired a new expo platform that he has been planning for about 6 months. It will be amazing but I can not spoil te surprise. But let's just say 1000 mile range, 39" tires and all the amenities of home.

upcountry

Explorer
I think those are bo larger than 32". Notice the stock mudflaps are still on.

The only way to get a tire bigger than 33" without modifying the stock body mount and therefore removing the mudflap is to go with a box extension lift like an RCD.

Because the stock mudflap remains, it tells me they are likely maximum size of 285. More likely 275.

You can run a 285 without removing the stock mudflap IF you run near zero caster where the spindle axis is straight up and down moving the wheel patch forward and allowing you to have enough space in back of the tire to keep the stock mudflap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1