campsite pics..lets see um

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Ten hours seems long. Did you just take your time or is that the norm?
It was ridiculously long! We (2 of us) left the Ouray side around 1pm and met up with a group of 8 heavy adventure riders (BMW 800/1200, Africa Twins, KTM 990, etc...) at the trail head and headed up together. The Ouray side is a f@#$ing mess from all the SxS traffic. The steeper parts are just gravel, scree, baby heads and dugout steps/shelves.......So, just imagine 400-800 lb bikes full of camping gear muscling their way up that stuff. About every couple hundred feet someone went down so we'd have to stop and reset the bike. My buddy Superman'd off his 800 on a giant slab of granite darn near seriously hurt himself!
By time we got to the summit the sun was going down and by the time we rode into Telluride it was well after dark and everything was closed. Oh, and that was after getting lost on the west side of the pass in the mining district and one of the BMW's rear brake locked up and we needed to do a field repair.(that last picture of the bikes on the trail was actually pitch black....not sure why it looks like mid day)

I loved it!

Planning this years adventure motocampride if your interested?

IMG_2697.jpegIMG_2699.jpegIMG_2700.jpegIMG_2701.jpegIMG_2702.jpegIMG_2703.jpegIMG_2704.jpegIMG_2705.jpegIMG_2709.jpeg

Cabrito

I come in Peace
Believe it or not but, Telluride, Colorado has an amazing city camping ground in the downtown area at the end of main street. Brand new showers and creek side campsites. An awesome place after spending 8 hours getting over Imogene Pass with 10 motorcycles!
I sensed from your first post that there may have been a few riders who struggled a little on Imogene.. I'm sure the showers were a nice thing to have at the end of the day.

Wait.. Aren't you on the new bike?

"Adventure just means I'm gonna be late to dinner"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal