CB Repair

Lone Bear

Hello All, I just picked up a secondhand Cobra 29 LTD and am looking for a repair shop in the greater Los Angeles or Orange county area? I'm sure it probably needs just a tune up as it was used by a long haul trucker from new.

Lone Bear

Hey thanks Robert. Back in the 1992 when I worked down in the OC I would travel down the double nickel in my FJ40 and had a Cobra 148 GTL and modulated with the best of them. Lone Bear

gary in ohio

Explorer
Hello All, I just picked up a secondhand Cobra 29 LTD and am looking for a repair shop in the greater Los Angeles or Orange county area? I'm sure it probably needs just a tune up as it was used by a long haul trucker from new.

Why would it need a tune up because it was used by a trucker. If the radio is working its working, Its its broke you need to ask yourself if its worth fixing being a new unit can be found under $100 and a bench charge is going to be $50.

Lone Bear

I don't know if it works it's missing the power cord. And I have to purchase an antenna and coaxial cable.

offroadsubie

Observer
there's a cb shop beside the TA truckstop in ontario also. not sure if they're still there. I used to do quebec-california runs and had most of my cb stuff done by them.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Like everyone said,

Solder Joint and tell them Dave Druck sent you from Adventureduo. They may raise your price :D Talk to "hollywood" Mark.

By the way, is that the Ballarat Dodge in your avatar?

Lone Bear

Yes that would be the Ballarat Dodge, I was out in the area rock hounding with some friends and had to get a pic of the awesome old Dodge. I haven't had a chance to get down to OC and talk to the people at the Solder Joint. But it's on my list for things that need to be done before my annual summer road trip to Montana.

Lone Bear

Well I made it down to the Solder Joint, they were most helpful. I took the CB with me and had them check it out. The CB is in fine working order but the mike was shot and the tuning knobs were a little stiff. They sold me a new mike, power cord, coax cable and mounting bracket. They steered me towards a place to buy electronic cleaning fluid. (Orvac Electronics in Fullerton, CA.) Now I'm waiting for a pedestal mount that I purchased on eBay. That should arrive in a few days, then I'll be up in running. Thank you all for your advice.:wings:

silentsamurai

Explorer
GLad to hear that "hollywood" was able to help ya. I just picked up a new mic there myself. It's an ASTATIC. Works great. Let me know if you ever need fiberglass antennas. I've got 2 radio shack ones which require cut tuning. And a firestik II thats pretty much brand new. Tuning is much simpler. Has a twist tune on the top.

Cheers.
Adam

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1