Cheap Fridge <$400 shipped

teotwaki

Excelsior!
that they are, also really good to make sure you don't smoke your motors and speed controls

I bought mine for comparing performance data from various solar panels and solar charge controllers. I'm tempted to get a second one so that I don't have to switch my one unit around between the input and output of the charge controllers.

Last edited:

Strizzo

Explorer
the turnigy looks like a copy of the watts up, but the hobbyking one thats only 18.46 would probably do just fine. this hextronic would probably do just fine as well for only $6

EDIT: if you go to the page, and leave your browser there for a few minutes, it might pop up a "one time only offer" to add the item to your cart for a 5% discount.

Last edited:

Strizzo

Explorer
in other news, i have been trying to find a small appliance repair shop to look into fixing my fridge that quit after 4 days, and nobody seems to want to work on the darn thing. but, seeing as how i got my money back on the fridge anyways, i found another SnD on compactappliance yesterday and ordered. hopefully this one doesn't crap out on me too. the last one worked great for 72 hours before it seemingly sprang a refridgerant leak.

teotwaki

Excelsior!
the turnigy looks like a copy of the watts up, but the hobbyking one thats only 18.46 would probably do just fine. this hextronic would probably do just fine as well for only $6

EDIT: if you go to the page, and leave your browser there for a few minutes, it might pop up a "one time only offer" to add the item to your cart for a 5% discount.

The Hextronix is very basic and does not show the accumulated charge (Amp Hours), Watts etc. The Turnigy does seem to be a half-price WattsUp. Alas, they are out of stock right now. The $18 HobbyKing unit is just volts, amps and watts, but no accumulated watts and A/H.

The Hextronix would be nice as a really cheap inline volt/amp monitor for a fridge that you could leave hardwired in the truck.

Smksignals

Explorer
I had no idea that this thread would grow so much! I just wanted to share with other folks a good deal on a decent fridge. :sombrero:

2 1/2 years old, 100,000+ views, and 800+ posts. And it's not political or religious.

Not to shabby there Jim !! :sombrero:

teotwaki

Excelsior!
2 1/2 years old, 100,000+ views, and 800+ posts. And it's not political or religious.

Not to shabby there Jim !! :sombrero:

Ha! At least there are already threads to endlessly debate the need for a fridge or an ice-filled cooler vs a fridge!! Now there's politics AND religion all at once! :ylsmoke:

DarthBeaver

Adventurer
So my 86Qt Fridge died about a month ago. EdgeStar tried to diag/fix over the phone and finally decided it was cost prohibitive to repair so they refunded my money letting me keep the dead unit. The unit was showing an "oc" error and would not run. EdgeStar thought it was a Temperature Control unit and sent me a new one which did not fix the issue. I spent a lot of time scoring the 'net looking for info on this error and found nothing. However as a friend had a 43Qt I was able to piece by pice diag the issue and found it to be a faulty Temperature Sensor. With issue in hand I started looking for a replacement part, after hunting around I found this website and thought I would share.

http://www.edgestar.com/Portable-Fr...oor_Appliances-Portable_Fridge_Freezers-Parts

38$ for sensor replacement :)

will let you all know how the repair goes...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1