Clifford, the big red truck. 8.1l 2500HD with M101 bed.

ejs262

Yeah, I'm in the same boat, I'm about 90% sure my 06 2500HD was a plow truck too. Some aggressive rust on the undercarriage, all the heavy duty options, and it looks like the front bumper had some brackets on it at one point. It's served me well though, so I can't complain too much yet!

Jrgunn5150

So we did buy a small truck bed camper. I had intended to section the wheelwells out yesterday and make better mounts,but my wife took off and filled the bed with mulch then scooped like 3 5 gallon buckets out,so it's sitting full of mulch,and of course today is Easter.

Jrgunn5150

It wont take much to build a platform, just time.. Maybe even just a thick stall mat would be enough?

I set it on some 2x6's and that was adequate. I also added D-rings to the rails of the bed last night to tie the camper to as well. I'll be loading up this evening and heading out for the UP in the AM.

I never bought Quickfists to mount my jacks, shovel, and ax to, so I'll have to do that some kind of kludged up way.

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
I am a truck camper and chevy kind of guy. It does not take much, and the chevys do not flex in that way. Maybe youll be able to squeeze them between the camper and bed for the time being.

Adventurous

Explorer
I had to space my camper up a bit as well, I wager you'll want a good 2" or so of clearance between the cab over and the roof to account for the camper wiggling around.

On mine, I ripped some dimensional lumber to the desired height, screwed it to the camper bottom around the perimeter, placed a a few cross members across the width to tie it together, then filled the voids with 2" thick foam sheeting before screwing a sheet of exterior grade plywood to trap it all in. It's been rock solid over the past 10 months. Sure beats the couple of 2x6s the PO put on the bottom to try and achieve the same thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1