Mission Control
DSC_0019.jpg

Top section.
DSC_0020-2.jpg

Middle section.
DSC_0021-1.jpg

Bottom section.
DSC_0022-2.jpg

Water faucet (swung out in usable postion).
DSC_0023-1.jpg

Air conditioning / heating unit (control panel opened).
DSC_0025.jpg

Roof top tent and awning deployed (tent cover will tuck underneath folded out section of tent so that I can access the utility box on the right side of the trailer).
DSC_0001-6.jpg

DSC_0006-7.jpg

DSC_0008-2.jpg

LED lighting inside the tent.
DSC_0011-4.jpg

WFTW

Adventurer
Here's the 411 on the A/C and heating unit. As you can see, the PVC pipes are run up through the floor of the tent. The pipe on the left is where the air will enter the tent. It is curved so that I can point it in whatever direction I want.

The taller pipe on the right is the air conditioning return. It is tall so that it will suck the warmer air from the top of the tent. In the background of the picture you'll see a shorter pipe. That one is the heating return, and will suck the colder air from the bottom of the tent.

You'll notice I had to pull the bedding back to get this picture. When I get back to Florida I will have Top Stitch (the did some mods on my Jeep) cut holes into the bedding and sew them up (so they will not expand or rip further). The height of the bedding and the attachment points for the PVC tubing are the same height. As for concerns about those interfering with my sleeping, I have none. The tent is HUGE and I've got more than enough room to move around without having to worry about hitting the PVC. Heck, two people would have plenty of room in that tent.

DSC_0009-5.jpg

We've been on the road for a bit now and the trailer tows really nicely...extremely smooth. Robert (Outlander Trailers) has really outdone himself with the build of this trailer. He had some other trailers at his shop and I noticed they were all of the same quality and attention to detail that mine had. The only thing that makes mine different is that it has a lot of optional equipment and, of course, is quite large sitting on 40" tires. If anyone is looking for a trailer, I'd have to highly recommend giving Robert a call!

One very happy individual! :victory:
DSC_0033-1.jpg

One more picture for now...the tow vehicle.
ergw.jpg

Last edited:

Box Rocket

Turned out nice for sure. Some very well thought out options. I'm sure you'll enjoy it a lot despite the expense.:sombrero:

Gregny

Adventurer
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!:victory:

I suggest you make a shield?/cover to protect the fridge its going to get real dirty up front..............Put it in the main box....just a suggestion.

WFTW

Adventurer
The little things Robert thought of are great. For instance, there are 8 different locks on the trail (4 boxes, 2 locks per box) and Robert has them all keyed the same. Little details like that go a LONG way when it comes to convienence.

I'm quite certain I'll hang onto this trailer for years and years. With as much as I'll be using it (especially over the next six months), this trailer will pay for itself relatively quickly.

WFTW

Adventurer
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!:victory:

I suggest you make a shield?/cover to protect the fridge its going to get real dirty up front..............Put it in the main box....just a suggestion.

Won't be putting it in the main box (I like that I won't have to open the spare tire carrier, then the rear box, just to get into the refrigerator). It will have a shield though.

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader
Best of Luck with it....hope to see some "live action shots" soon..esp. hooked to the tow rig. One superb job!!:drool:

Stouttrout

Adventurer
Hey Jason, have you planned a route out yet? Let me know your route when you get it planned roughly. If your near my area, feel free to drop by.

WFTW

Adventurer
Best of Luck with it....hope to see some "live action shots" soon..esp. hooked to the tow rig. One superb job!!:drool:

I'll most likely hook the trailer to the Jeep tomorrow...certainly by Wednesday since I'll be taking it to West Palm Beach that day until Sunday (it will be on display at a big show down there). I'll get the pictures as soon as I can.

As for action shots, that won't be until at the first WFTW event (April 4-5 in Ocala, Florida).

Hey Jason, have you planned a route out yet? Let me know your route when you get it planned roughly. If your near my area, feel free to drop by.

I'll kind of just be skipping around from event to event. Check out the main schedule posted at www.wheelersforthewounded.org and it will give you an idea of what state I'll be in and when. I've got the weekdays open to explore and get from one event to the next, so I'm not really planning a route...just winging it. :) Let me know where you are though and if I'm around there I could certainly meet up for a bit.

I bought a SPOT and will probably activate that. If so, then I'll post up the link to the SPOT page here and it will be easy to track me. I'm trying to conserve all the money I can at the moment because gas, campsite fees, and food are going to get expensive to pay for 6 months, especially since I'm out of work (not being paid for the WFTW program). I think the spot is like $100 or $150 to activate, so I'm wavering on doing that.

Won't be putting it in the main box (I like that I won't have to open the spare tire carrier, then the rear box, just to get into the refrigerator). It will have a shield though.

what kind of heater is that? is or electric then?
any concerns of killing the batterys?

WFTW

Adventurer
what kind of heater is that? is or electric then?
any concerns of killing the batterys?

When you quoted me I was referring to the Engel refrigerator. The a/c & heating unit is the green box and is electric. I will not run that off the batteries...generator only.

kb7our

Explorer
WFTW,

Thanks for posting some nice pics - in particular the HVAC setup as it enters the tent. I appreciate your time to do that. And nice JK too! Enjoy tons of good times with your new trailer. Keep us posted on performance of the trailer and the gadgets.

Wade

WFTW

Adventurer
WFTW,

Thanks for posting some nice pics - in particular the HVAC setup as it enters the tent. I appreciate your time to do that. And nice JK too! Enjoy tons of good times with your new trailer. Keep us posted on performance of the trailer and the gadgets.

Wade

Glad you like it Wade. No sweat taking the pictures, I like documenting the build and sharing the information with others.

I dropped off the roof top tent mattress today to Top Stitch who will be cutting two holes into it where the AC/Heating tubes will go. This way the mattress will lay completely flat. I'll pick it up next week and will then get the pictures posted up.

Other than that, the digital electronic brake controller was installed.
DSC_0012-3.jpg

DSC_0031-1.jpg

The wiring harness for the trailer lights was installed as well. Someone had mentioned before that it may have to be scanned by the dealer...turned out it didn't...worked fine, although the wires did need to be extended a bit. A hole was drilled into the bumper rather than using the plate that came with it, which would have it hanging down below the bumper (not ideal for rock crawling).
DSC_0032-1.jpg

DSC_0033-2.jpg

And finally, the Jeep and trailer were hooked up for the first time.
DSC_0036-1.jpg

DSC_0038.jpg

DSC_0040.jpg

DSC_0042-1.jpg

And then I remembered to put on the spare tire.
DSC_0061.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1