D1 Grill

dallasrover

Adventurer
Does anyone happen to know a source for a Saudi Grill for a 95 D1? Have been looking for awhile and they seem to be pretty scarce.
Thanks

dallasrover

Adventurer
I can post some pics when I get a chance if you need some

Ideas are always helpful thanks. I was thinking about making an aluminum frame around the backside of the cutout, mounting the mesh to that, and basically making an insert that would then rivet to the plastic frame. Maybe I can start this weekend if I get my other "Chores" done......:coffee:

Wander

Expedition Leader
Sorry for the digression but it's related. I know it's called the Saudi grill because it was on Saudi trucks but why is the design different than the ROW grills? My guess is it would have something to do protecting the rad and /or air flow.

bobtail4x4

Adventurer
I have 2 saudi grilles here, one new, one fitted but removed after a week as my new winch wanted to use the same place.
£50 and £40 plus postage,

edit sorry I put Dollars when I meant pounds.
I paid £60 for the new one.

that makes $82 and $65.
sorry my mix up.

Last edited:

burn_e

Adventurer
Sorry for the digression but it's related. I know it's called the Saudi grill because it was on Saudi trucks but why is the design different than the ROW grills? My guess is it would have something to do protecting the rad and /or air flow.

The more open construction allows more air to flow easier. Helps the engine to keep the temparature but more important helps the AC fans to pump more air through the rad.

Always keep in mind on these lovely summer days we are talking about ambient temps of 50 - 60C (120-140F) air and 80-90C (175-195F) on the tarmac here in the region.

Had both grills on my Disco, but never bothered to measure the difference.

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
Are you still in Dubai? Interested in shipping a box full of them? I'll worry about dispersing them Stateside... we always want what we can't have :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1