Dark colored Four Wheel Camper?

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
I've never seen any color besides white.. can you get them in say black or gray? Has anyone ever painted their camper?

davidv

Observer
I had always thought that white was the preferred color because of heat and better protection from the sun. It would be tough to cool down a black camper with a small air conditioner or a fan. I have always been a fan of the color matched look so I went with a white truck.

Stan: How is the green on hot day?

RR1

Explorer
Any chance to get them made in raw aluminum? Reminiscence of old aluminum travel trailers.

2949375800093498191S600x600Q85.jpg

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
I would be much more interested in solid (straight) aluminum panels, rather than the old mobile home siding look, myself.

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
I would be much more interested in solid (straight) aluminum panels, rather than the old mobile home siding look, myself.

Flat panels will be much floppier than panels with the flutes or other stiffening features. The old mobile home look is a byproduct of techniques learned during WWII manufacture (and WWII factories retooling for consumer products in the 50's...)

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
Sure, but we aren't talking about huge panels. They would not be much bigger than what you find an a modern aluminum canopy. Plus the smoother siding would be easier to seal up and easier to clean I bet.

sarconcepts

Adventurer
yeah i'm picky like that too, i had my '97' fwc painted to match my truck.
the 97's were an off white, not the crisp white they are today, & the stripe didn't do much for me either.
painting wasn't a problem, & the finish still looks great after 10 years
(i did leave the roof white to keep it as cool as possible)
img033.jpgcamping 07 043.jpg
before & after
fortunately the new silver looked good with the gray vinyl soft sides
(keep that in mind when choosing a color)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1