Dear Abby, My wife keeps sending me Craigslist ads for Range Rover Classics.

SCRover

Adventurer
Dear Abby,

I have a catfight on my hands. My 109 is jealous of my 110 because the 110 has better tires and lockers. My 110 is jealous of the 109 because the 109 gets to sleep in the garage. My 109 is upset because the 110 is getting new CVs and hubs while her rear axle seals and passenger side wheel cylinders weep. The 110 is miffed because the 109 is Coniston green, which is "NOT AN ORIGINAL SERIES COLOR!" so she often yells. The 110 snickers at the 109 because she has a stereo and a wiper motor. The 109 simpers in reply, "Maybe you have a stereo and wipers, but the stereo doesn't work and the wipers suck!" (which is true, much to the 110's chagrin). The 109 chides the 110 because it can accommodate more passengers. The 110 regularly shrieks back, "Yeah, well nobody can talk to each other when they're riding in you because your puny 2.25 gas engine is so loud and your sound-proofing is basically non-existent!" In turn, the 109 usually responds in monotone, "Fine! Well, Ms. 1-of-500-imported-to-the-U.S.-in-1993, you can take your on-board-air-having, stupid-exhaust-out-the-rear-quarter-panel-wearing, ARB-fridge-sporting, door-bottom-rusting, GBR'd-rear-end-wagging, panel-dented-a&s and pucker up to my elephant-hide-donning, smog-exempt-dancing, La-Salle-interior-modeling, no-rust-bulkhead-bragging, less-than10-year-old-galvanized-chassis. Hmmpf!"

I'm at my wit's end and threatening to sell one of them. Each has her pros and cons, but, to be honest, I'm embarrassed by the attitudes - such rover-centrism without regard for their inherent similarities. You might say the 110 is being insubordinate and disrespectful to her elder (there is a 32-year age difference), but, then again, the 109, at her age and maturity level, should be better able to manage her emotions. What do you recommend to restore the harmony in the household? Bring in another "sibling?" Suggest they take a hard look at themselves while observing the blissful relationship that the Toyotas enjoy? Put them up for adoption and get a Jeep? Help!!!

Sincerely,

Oval envy

David Harris

Expedition Leader
Scene: Christmas morning 2010, driveway:

But honey, then why were you sending me all the RRC ads . . . !!!?

:Wow1:

AxeAngel

Expedition Leader
Dear Abby,

I have a catfight on my hands. My 109 is jealous of my 110 because the 110 has better tires and lockers. My 110 is jealous of the 109 because the 109 gets to sleep in the garage. My 109 is upset because the 110 is getting new CVs and hubs while her rear axle seals and passenger side wheel cylinders weep. The 110 is miffed because the 109 is Coniston green, which is "NOT AN ORIGINAL SERIES COLOR!" so she often yells. The 110 snickers at the 109 because she has a stereo and a wiper motor. The 109 simpers in reply, "Maybe you have a stereo and wipers, but the stereo doesn't work and the wipers suck!" (which is true, much to the 110's chagrin). The 109 chides the 110 because it can accommodate more passengers. The 110 regularly shrieks back, "Yeah, well nobody can talk to each other when they're riding in you because your puny 2.25 gas engine is so loud and your sound-proofing is basically non-existent!" In turn, the 109 usually responds in monotone, "Fine! Well, Ms. 1-of-500-imported-to-the-U.S.-in-1993, you can take your on-board-air-having, stupid-exhaust-out-the-rear-quarter-panel-wearing, ARB-fridge-sporting, door-bottom-rusting, GBR'd-rear-end-wagging, panel-dented-a&s and pucker up to my elephant-hide-donning, smog-exempt-dancing, La-Salle-interior-modeling, no-rust-bulkhead-bragging, less-than10-year-old-galvanized-chassis. Hmmpf!"

I'm at my wit's end and threatening to sell one of them. Each has her pros and cons, but, to be honest, I'm embarrassed by the attitudes - such rover-centrism without regard for their inherent similarities. You might say the 110 is being insubordinate and disrespectful to her elder (there is a 32-year age difference), but, then again, the 109, at her age and maturity level, should be better able to manage her emotions. What do you recommend to restore the harmony in the household? Bring in another "sibling?" Suggest they take a hard look at themselves while observing the blissful relationship that the Toyotas enjoy? Put them up for adoption and get a Jeep? Help!!!

Sincerely,

Oval envy

Bwhahahahaha

AxeAngel

Expedition Leader
Some of you may have forgotten the issue I was faced with last month.

Buy my girlfriend's 1998 4Runner with 120k miles for $4k so in exchange she could buy herself an 08 Range...

-Sam

grahamfitter

Expedition Leader
Dear Abby,

I am a native of the land of Rovers. When I moved to the USA I became a satisfied Jeep owner but, every once in a while, I will admit to nostalgic impulses about vehicles popular on the right hand drive side of the pond. However when I stray into forums such as this one I find myself questioning my sanity. What should I do?

Regards,
Confused from Massachusetts.

David Harris

Expedition Leader
Dear Abby,

I am a native of the land of Rovers. When I moved to the USA I became a satisfied Jeep owner but, every once in a while, I will admit to nostalgic impulses about vehicles popular on the right hand drive side of the pond. However when I stray into forums such as this one I find myself questioning my sanity. What should I do?

Regards,
Confused from Massachusetts.

Go for it! Geniuses are often confused with the mentally imbalanced . . . :)

Last edited:

SeaRubi

Explorer
there are 2 or 3 GDE's floating around right now. these should go to good homes. check out allofcraigs.com, and the one on dweb.

fishEH

Explorer
Consider yourself lucky.
I keep catching my wife walking towards my truck carrying matches and a can of gas! ;D

SeaRubi

Explorer
Consider yourself lucky.
I keep catching my wife walking towards my truck carrying matches and a can of gas! ;D

:hehe: Sounds familiar!

My wife was about to not let me sell my LWB. I already had a new Jeep so reliability wasn't a primary issue. It had broken down with transmission trouble on the way home. It was getting hot and slipping like crazy. I managed to baby it into the parking lot of an urban 9 hole golf course, and we rode to work together the next day in order to try and nurse it home after work. Following me home she was getting all nostalgic and picked up her cell phone and dialed me to say we couldn't possibly get rid of it. About the same time it stopped moving. I was shocked that my phone was ringing, and wondered if she saw something from the back, spewing fluid or something? I had to have it towed out of pocket on emergency, at rush our, costing a couple hundred dollars. It was gone a few days later. :sport_box :friday:

cheers,
-ike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frank Design