Econoline roof fairing?

fjefman

Not sure if that is what they are called, but basically I’m in the mid stage of building my ideal rig out of a E-450 cutaway chassis.

One of the things that I’d like to do with this rig is cut some of the roof above front seats. I’m looking for options for a fairing that fits the curves of the roofline and can attach to the over cab box.

I know I’ll have to modify it a bit to fit my application, but I’m having no luck finding any type of fairing.

Is it called something else?

Anyone have a lead on where all of the upfitters are getting theirs?

fjefman

Basically the fiberglass (I assume) piece above the cab on this rig.

There are so many different sizes and shapes and for the life of me I can’t find any for sale as a standalone piece.

86scotty

Cynic
I'd talk to some of the truck body companies. Surely they have a supplier for these, I doubt they make them themselves.

Fiberine maybe? They are the ones that make almost all of the legacy van fiberglass roofs used in every industry.

But, I would strongly caution against cutting out the B-pillar cross support in a van. I've never seen this done and I would think that it would compromise front occupant safety/cab strength in a big way.

RVflyfish

Fishing is life. The rest is details.
But, I would strongly caution against cutting out the B-pillar cross support in a van. I've never seen this done and I would think that it would compromise front occupant safety/cab strength in a big way.
I’ll emphasize this. If you check the Ford Body Builder’s handbook it will show you where you can cut. In front of the B-pillar is not approved.

fritz

Traveler
Not sure if that is what they are called, but basically I’m in the mid stage of building my ideal rig out of a E-450 cutaway chassis.

One of the things that I’d like to do with this rig is cut some of the roof above front seats. I’m looking for options for a fairing that fits the curves of the roofline and can attach to the over cab box.

I know I’ll have to modify it a bit to fit my application, but I’m having no luck finding any type of fairing.

Is it called something else?

Anyone have a lead on where all of the upfitters are getting theirs?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk