Expedition Overland - 2015 Season

I noticed a decided difference between me and the girl with this episode. she didnt like it. " all they did was drive around for half an hour." And I said yeah thats overlanding. It was my favorite episode yet but her least fav. We all get something different out of the hobby. hers seems to be destination.

Dalko43

Explorer
Great episode! I know there needs to be a compromise between hardcore-wheeling and preserving the mechanical reliability of the trucks, but this episode is exactly why I love Expedition Overland!

Airmapper

Inactive Member
Who is MSO and what have we borrowed from them?

Your going to have to start watching the competition man. They are another, lesser, overlanding/travel video making group, who make decent episodes, although more cheesy, in my opinion. I won't link it here cause that would be rude.

They recently had an episode, prior to XO's, featuring scenes with blindingly white dudes at a swimming hole, and way too much detail whenever they cook anything. (Thankfully you guys haven't turned XO into a cooking show like they almost have theirs.)

I found the similarity of the content and timing of it amusing. If I didn't know better, I might think you guys were poking fun at them.

CYK

Adventurer
Your going to have to start watching the competition man. They are another, lesser, overlanding/travel video making group, who make decent episodes, although more cheesy, in my opinion. I won't link it here cause that would be rude.

They recently had an episode, prior to XO's, featuring scenes with blindingly white dudes at a swimming hole, and way too much detail whenever they cook anything. (Thankfully you guys haven't turned XO into a cooking show like they almost have theirs.)

I found the similarity of the content and timing of it amusing. If I didn't know better, I might think you guys were poking fun at them.

8f56d542257b10222bec812e9766904d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
I've been following the series & looking forward to the follow up episode... Well done to all involved.

Great episode! I know there needs to be a compromise between hardcore-wheeling and preserving the mechanical reliability of the trucks, but this episode is exactly why I love Expedition Overland!

I'm enjoying the series.
Quite an undertaking this trip is.
Nice to see new places from this perspective

#11=Best episode yet

Last two episodes were a big improvement (IMHO)... Keep them coming!

Thanks guys!

cruiseroutfit

Ah, gotcha. I've seen a couple of their videos, totally didn't put two and two together when you mentioned that. Apples and oranges in my opinion but they have a neat thing going too.

AaronK

Explorer
So why did you guys decide to do all the fancy winching instead of backing the Taco off and trying the approach again?

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk.

cruiseroutfit

So why did you guys decide to do all the fancy winching instead of backing the Taco off and trying the approach again?...

Great question. It was decided we were going to have to utilize the winches for the reminder of the bridge and the Prado, no reason spending the time and effort to back-up when continuing forward was going to do the job.

tekno000

Did you guys ever find on either of your expeditions that you had superfluous equipment? Or that "why did I bring this?" moment? The flip side, did you ever find some random thing that ended up being way more important than you anticipated?

Rubicon

Observer
Agree w/others - best 2 episodes yet! Whoever is running the drone camera deserves an Emmy or Oscar! INCREDIBLE shots!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1