Expedition Rack for a JK

Timgco

Adventurer
Any family tents fit this thing? I have a family of 4.

What's the difference between the ranger and stealth model? Is it really just the light bar?

stealth is what's on mine. The Ranger sits just a tad taller, but drops that lower bar down. You can put a PIAA 520 on there than without it sticking up any higher than the top bar. The rack portion is the same on the JK.

As for a family of four in a rooftop tent? ughhhh. That would be a realy pain IMO. Two people up top, no problem. But four would be too tight.
55" x 94" x 52" is the size of the Simpson III. That allows enough for two people's comfort.

Voodoo11

Observer
As for a family of four in a rooftop tent? ughhhh. That would be a realy pain IMO. Two people up top, no problem. But four would be too tight.
55" x 94" x 52" is the size of the Simpson III. That allows enough for two people's comfort.

What about the Hannibal Family tent or the eezi-awn Series 3? Would these fit?

Also, when did Gobi make the changes to the rear support bars (per your earlier post)? I have a beat on a good used Gobi that was received Fall of '09 and I am wondering if this incorporates the newest changes.

Timgco

Adventurer
What about the Hannibal Family tent or the eezi-awn Series 3? Would these fit?

Also, when did Gobi make the changes to the rear support bars (per your earlier post)? I have a beat on a good used Gobi that was received Fall of '09 and I am wondering if this incorporates the newest changes.

newest changes < 45 days.

I have not installed or seen a Hannibal or EZ Awn mounted to a GOBI yet.
Here's the specs on the GOBI:
http://www.gobijeep.com/Images/Gobi 08 Jeep JK 4Door Roof Rack Specifications.pdf

Equipt

Supporting Sponsor Presenting Sponsor of Overland
I believe that the accessory attachment cross bars that are welded into place on the rear portion of the rack system would be fine for the smaller models, perhaps up to a 1600mm width. But if you were looking at the wider models, such at the Series 3 family tent, you would need a third or perhaps fourth accessory attachment cross bar(s) welded into place to support the forward end of the tent.

Cheers,

willyswagon

Adventurer
I went with a Congo Kage. It was the only one easily avaliable in my area.

greenfleet014.jpg

Akecj7

Observer
Baja Rack is making a rack for the JK now. Sierra Expeditions has a great price on it (almost 1/2 of Gobi).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nchamp