eXpeditionXterra Build Up

jingram

Adventurer
XterraWolf... thanks for getting the domain back up online. If you ever need any offsite data retention, let me know.

Rgds,
Jack

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Looking good man. The rig is a piece of work, coming back from Calico it looked great on the road.

The plugs are a nice touch.. plan on any upfront? Do they offer anything to replace the plastic bumperettes? Don't those want to get ripped off??

eXpeditionXterra

Adventurer
SOCALFJ said:
Looking good man. The rig is a piece of work, coming back from Calico it looked great on the road.

The plugs are a nice touch.. plan on any upfront? Do they offer anything to replace the plastic bumperettes? Don't those want to get ripped off??

I have never had an issue with the plastic corners. The bottoms tend to just get pushed in, but it isn't a common place to hit on these trucks. I would want something up front before I did anything in back.

As far as the plugs go, I can run one up front, but the rear of the vehicle is where everything tends to happen. It's like having a plug in the kitchen, y'know? I also have a plug mounted inside the cab. The rear deck is finished. I am taking the panels down to the Line-X place this week, and I will snap a few shots when they get put back in.

The BN Guy

Expedition Leader
eXpeditionXterra said:
I am actually quite happy with the system I have now. It's pretty solid. I don't need any more lift, and the hydro bumps are overkill.
Cool. Figured you needed one more toy!

:26_7_2:

teotwaki

Excelsior!
I don't know how many times I have gone through this thread. I really admire the energy, hard work and detail. I hope to see it in person some time.

All I can really say is WOW!
gobi02.jpg

eXpeditionXterra

Adventurer
The BN Guy said:
Cool. Figured you needed one more toy!

I have a few more projects on my list...

Gamber Johnson console going in prolly next week
Aux fuel and water tanks

And a trailer is on the horizon... that just opens a whole new can of worms.

vengeful

Explorer
Before I tuck in my Pathy for bed, she asks me to show her pictures of your X....Your truck is everything mine aspires to be when she grows up!

eXpeditionXterra

Adventurer
vengeful said:
Before I tuck in my Pathy for bed, she asks me to show her pictures of your X....Your truck is everything mine aspires to be when she grows up!

Haha thank you sir! I actually just found this one on the GOBI website. Must have missed it before. This was at a Washington show.

gobishow01.jpg

vengeful

Explorer
Man...I wish Gobi made a rack for the Pathfinder....

Dude....you need to stop posting pictures of your truck...you're making my Pathy upset because her owner can't afford toys for her!:oops:

jingram

Adventurer
So, a couple of questions. Some of these are going to broad and some will be specific.

How do you like the 285/75/16? Would you ever run a 255/85/16?

What is your fuel economy currently? I know the 1st gen X in general gets poor mileage and the SC doesn't help, but I am curious nonetheless.

Is that dual battery tray a custom job or part of the kit from kodiac industries?

If you were starting with a clean Xterra slate, what would you change and what do you consider absolutely 100% worthwhile?

eXpeditionXterra

Adventurer
jingram said:
So, a couple of questions. Some of these are going to broad and some will be specific.

How do you like the 285/75/16? Would you ever run a 255/85/16?

What is your fuel economy currently? I know the 1st gen X in general gets poor mileage and the SC doesn't help, but I am curious nonetheless.

Is that dual battery tray a custom job or part of the kit from kodiac industries?

If you were starting with a clean Xterra slate, what would you change and what do you consider absolutely 100% worthwhile?

I like the 285/75/16 tires. Toyo did not have the 33" tire for a 15" rim at the time I got mine, or I would have gone for those.

Fuel... economy? hahaha. Well on a good day, if I drive under 55 MPH, I can get around 15-16 MPG. Do I care? Not really.

100% worthwhile? I would say.. the roof tent, the tires, the winch, the fridge, and the batteries.

toyrunner95

Explorer
eXpeditionXterra said:
Touch Tek VI switching system installed. Waterproof, push button switching system, with programmable functions, momentary options and magnetic gun lock capability.

touchtek1.jpg

touchtek2.jpg

What is this? What does it do?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1

Members online