ExPo's 2000 7.3 Excursion Build

Chris Cordes

Expedition Leader
What I would really like, is a copy of my Shrockworks for a Super Duty or F150. Absent that, I think I'd go with an ARB front and Buckstop rear like you're doing. It's good that they are willing to do some custom stuff. How long has it taken since you first put in the order?

View attachment 391826
I'm an unusual case. We received a media discount which keeps us behind normal customers (as it should be) We also went back and forth on many design characteristics before finalizing. All told between rough agreement on the design to ship date probably four months? We were still doing dimensions on the swing out box like three weeks back.

Looks a lot better without the running boards.
So what did the BFGs go on?
They are going on Martyn's 7.3 F250 at AT Overland :)
This build is exactly what i have been looking for. I have a 2000 Ex 7.3 4x4 as well that i want to build up for over landing here in Texas. Thanks for all the details!

Glad I could help! What part of Texas?

bigskypylot

Explorer
You're build is exactly how I'd go about things. It's sensible, tasteful and purpose-built. I tend to get caught up in the cool factor but have gotten to the point of what can it do for me and provide the most utility without breaking the bank. I'm currently debating a National Luna vs. a Whynter. Friends have the Whynter and said it's been great and I see reviews that aren't so good. I like quality and you get what you pay for but I could get 4 fridges or a new winch and fridge for what the NL costs. Decisions Decisions lol

Chris Cordes

Expedition Leader
The Houston Area (Kingwood, specifically)

I was looking at the Rhino rack you purchased, but i could not figure out exactly which one you got (dimension wise).

Thanks again! I will be watching this build closely!

it's the 84" pioneer platform with quick release feet. They havent updated their site, but if you call and ask for the dimension of the rack on the Expedition portal excursion they will know :)

Chris Cordes

Expedition Leader
You're build is exactly how I'd go about things. It's sensible, tasteful and purpose-built. I tend to get caught up in the cool factor but have gotten to the point of what can it do for me and provide the most utility without breaking the bank. I'm currently debating a National Luna vs. a Whynter. Friends have the Whynter and said it's been great and I see reviews that aren't so good. I like quality and you get what you pay for but I could get 4 fridges or a new winch and fridge for what the NL costs. Decisions Decisions lol

We had good luck with them in our test. Ive wanted a national luna forever and finally bought one for this truck. The freezer is awesome, but dollar for dollar the whynter will be your best bet. The national luna is better, but if you need the money for a new winch id go for the cheaper option.

bigskypylot

Explorer
We had good luck with them in our test. Ive wanted a national luna forever and finally bought one for this truck. The freezer is awesome, but dollar for dollar the whynter will be your best bet. The national luna is better, but if you need the money for a new winch id go for the cheaper option.

I think I want an NL now :)

Kratos1070

Any new updates? Ill post some pics of my rig when i get home. Though, it might make me sad comparing it to your setup lol

Chris Cordes

Expedition Leader
Sort of haha.

So after looking at the photos from the beach more closely and thinking back to how the truck felt on the sand I was concerned about the four-wheel drive system. Thankfully I checked it before my big trip next week, because it turns out the autolockers weren't working and I had been using it in 2wd haha. Anyway dropped it off at PSP diesel in Houston for repairs and some updates as well :) Dual swing outs are going on...

6176659088_IMG_0158.JPG

bigskypylot

Explorer
Sort of haha.

So after looking at the photos from the beach more closely and thinking back to how the truck felt on the sand I was concerned about the four-wheel drive system. Thankfully I checked it before my big trip next week, because it turns out the autolockers weren't working and I had been using it in 2wd haha. Anyway dropped it off at PSP diesel in Houston for repairs and some updates as well :) Dual swing outs are going on...

View attachment 395101

"updates" aka Air Lockers :)

Kratos1070

Sort of haha.

View attachment 395101

So your transfer case was not engaging, or do you have air lockers on it?

Scott39

Adventurer
Sort of haha.

So after looking at the photos from the beach more closely and thinking back to how the truck felt on the sand I was concerned about the four-wheel drive system. Thankfully I checked it before my big trip next week, because it turns out the autolockers weren't working and I had been using it in 2wd haha.

If it was just your hubs not engaging. it could be something as simple as the vacuum lines going to the hubs popped off, or has an vacuum leak. My and my buddies Ex's both had a vacuum leak problem with the front lines.

zj96sc

Awesome Ex all around. Could I ask a small favor - could you provide a hub center to fender lip measurement for the front? I've got a leveling kit on my 7.3 F250 and am debating the OME springs. I'm curious how much extra height they'll net me and that would be a great data point.

Thanks
Paul

Elkhntr121

Awesome Ex all around. Could I ask a small favor - could you provide a hub center to fender lip measurement for the front? I've got a leveling kit on my 7.3 F250 and am debating the OME springs. I'm curious how much extra height they'll net me and that would be a great data point.

Thanks
Paul

X2 on the measurement request please

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1