Finally Have My New Rubicon!

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
Well I just ordered a Tom Woods front driveshaft. I drove about 100 miles on the freeway and there is a fair amount of driveline vibration at 60-70. I installed the y-pipe for now but I'm having second thoughts, I'm not sure I'll need it with a new front driveshaft.

huskyfargo

Adventurer
When I had my JK, I bought the "Hot Heads" headliner. I see there are a few more options now. They definitely made a difference. I also saw on JK-forum where several people painted the top portion of their hard tops white. If I still had mine, I would probably go that route. I'm sure the paint, coupled with the headliners, would make quite a bit of difference.

TreeTopFlyer

Adventurer
I installed the hot heads this week, meh. I thought there would be a little more to them than just headliner material. I thought they had some insulation barrier material or something along those lines. For the price, they aren't bad. The fit was terrific, well packaged, but just had a little higher expectation as far as material goes. Anything helps though. 105 this past week.

Very nice!

I also have the rattling in my 6 speed--it's been doing it for 4 years now! Like the box of rocks noise in the NV3550 in my 2003 TJ Rubicon, you just get used to it.

This may sound like total BS but.....I too have had the same annoying rattling issue. After posting over on JK-forum about the issue I got feedback about going up to a higher octane gas to help with it. I did it and the rattling completely went away and has only returned once while the Jeep was under a heavy load at high 7000 ft. elevation.

trail-explorer

Adventurer
I love action packers. They are one of the few storage boxes that have endured the test of time.... they've been around 20+ years. I bought my first one in about 1989 or 1990

I settled on a 24 gallon action packer, and two 8 gallon action packers.

080338c2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frank Design