FJ60 Factory AM/FM Radio - Connections, intermittened/have to mess with it - Any help

usnrigger

Observer
Hey guys was looking for more things to take care on the truck this weekend as im kinda in a holding pattern till next week to do the knuckles and front axle stuff. The radio in her works but also does not. the volume can go from super low to loud very quickly, and sometimes i have to wiggle the knob to get both speakers to fall in. scratchy noices sometimes ext... Im hoping it just crud and corrosion on the connections and nothing electrical type repair, as that is one of the things i don't do. Is there a electrical cleaning spray that wont harm anything that can help clean and make connection better on rotary knobs ext... Any help would go along way as i hope to keep the factory radio as it just gives it that vintage class.

USNRigger

Expedition Leader
99% chance it is an old corroded or just dirty connection somewhere - but it could be inside the radio as easy as the speaker wires and connections. You can buy paint and plastic-friendly electrical contact spray cleaner at any auto parts store, but it won't help if it's the radio itself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mwralliance